Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Lockdown doesn't come into effect until tomorrow (Wednesday 6th Jan 2021.)

It started at midnight.

To be honest, we have never really been out of it since last march.  :gag:

TalkRadio, home of the execrable Julia Hartley Brewer and Mike Graham, amongst other right wing, hate mongering COVID deniers, has been kicked off You Tube.

You Tube haven't given a reason, though it is speculated that it is because TalkRadio presenters are consistently sharting COVID misinformation.

TalkRadio: YouTube kicks channel off its platform - BBC News

Lovely. The gammons that staff that radio station will be even angrier :thumbsup:

Edited by Mister M

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Watching the traffic out of my front window, there's not much "staying at home" going on.

Traffic, and pedestrians for that mattter, were noticibly lighter round our way today. Maybe everyone was just driving up and down your road to annoy you.... 

Not that it really matters now but...

England will be joining Scotland as it enters into another lockdown from midnight tonight. 

Boris Johnson has announced England will be returning to lockdown measures from tonight

Although most areas of England are already in tier 4, from midnight tonight pubs, restaurants, bars and non-essential shops will be ordered to close across the country

From here (amongst other articles) last night...

https://amp.heart.co.uk/news/coronavirus/boris-johnson-announcement-england-lockdown/

Edited by nikki-red

59 minutes ago, altus said:

Covid conspiracy theorists claim to have found the Covid-19 5G chip diagram. It's actually the circuit for a well known guitar pedal with some labels changed.

I was very disappointed there was no flange or wah wah, just imagine the fun you could have with those in people

Just been looking at the vaccine rollout order - I'm in the last named group, number 9, as I turned 50 in 2020 (what a year to pick! 🙄😂)

Has anybody seen any numbers of roughly how many people are in each cohort? I think I heard the news saying that 650,000 over 80's have been vaccinated and they said that was a quarter of that group.

It's just an idle curiosity really, to see roughly where I am on the list, so I can guesstimate when I may be getting one.

Spent an hour googling away to no avail but wondered if anyone else had seen the figures? :)

24 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Just been looking at the vaccine rollout order - I'm in the last named group, number 9, as I turned 50 in 2020 (what a year to pick! 🙄😂)

Has anybody seen any numbers of roughly how many people are in each cohort? I think I heard the news saying that 650,000 over 80's have been vaccinated and they said that was a quarter of that group.

It's just an idle curiosity really, to see roughly where I am on the list, so I can guesstimate when I may be getting one.

Spent an hour googling away to no avail but wondered if anyone else had seen the figures? :)

Approx 13.5 million in the top 4 tiers which they are hoping to have vaccinated by mid Feb. That’s:

over 80’s already in progress then

1- care home staff and resident

2. NHS frontline staff

3. Over 70s and over 60’s extremely vulnerable 

29 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Here you are whiteowl

From https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/05/oxford-pfizer-vaccine-priority-list-who-first-covid-when/

t3qrmsQB4kvvR12ldocspcohjT63oIXn00qhMu9KCsWnlyL5-677F0Z_sxfsw5Gg4Tq2DCCDeJXJIHrqQVp8_nquPxxuwMDjTn14HaH2bgKhah8g5bDS1uIBcOsU9Huc_FQUvXVz

Brilliant - thanks BigPP, that's exactly what I was looking for. And thanks Catmiss for your answer as well :)

10 hours ago, whiteowl said:

Brilliant - thanks BigPP, that's exactly what I was looking for. And thanks Catmiss for your answer as well :)

There's an online Vaccine queue calculator here: Calculator