Coronavirus - Part Two.

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Yeah - apelike's claim that  "less people will initially need the virus" is total fallacy 😎

Can't see that claim in aplikes post, @Longcol - and I wish you'd drown that revolving fish.

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Can't see that claim in aplikes post, @Longcol 

Post #3429.

39 minutes ago, apelike said:

But that is just the news spinning it. The scientists and people in the know have been saying the opposite in that they don't know at this moment in time how long immunity will last either from naturally occurring antibodies from previous exposure to the virus or from the vaccine itself. They do know that in some people who have had it they do have some immunity but no one as yet can put a figure on it and that is why data is important in this new situation.

You could be right about the news spinning.  

The Imperial College has already done research to find out if certain people have the antibodies to fight the covid virus because I took part and tested posting for the virus.  I’m sure they have enough information about immunity without having to test everyone who has the vaccine.  If I have pasted this correctly this is one of The Imperial colleges antibody research tests I did.  They also want  to monitor me for a number of years.  

3 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

sputnik v ?

Yes, I know what it's called.

I still wonder what they're being vaccinated with, because we all know we can trust the Russians with needles, don't we?

10 hours ago, apelike said:

I think everybody should be tested first before receiving the vaccine to see if they have any virus antibodies present and had the infection in the past. It seems that many have had this virus without knowing or showing symptoms and they should be at the back of the queue to allow others who are vulnerable to get it first.

Given the current infection rates and resulting pressure on the NHS I think the priority is to get as many of those deemed particularly vulnerable, through age and/or disease, vaccinated via an initial dose. Testing for antibody levels pre vaccination would only delay and divert personnel from delivering vaccine. From what I’ve read antibody levels post Covid can fluctuate possibly leading to a second infection. Given all of the above I’d rather immunise those who are at most risk from the virus and, as such post most risk to to a fully functioning NHS 

Edited by catmiss
Addition

5 hours ago, Longcol said:

Post #3429.

RollingJ is correct as its a case of selective quoting.

What I said was "But it may also mean less people will initially need the virus which also costs money and resources to create and administer." You missed the bit in bold which puts the whole quote in context! :)

But having said that I'm sure people will know that I meant vaccine and not virus.

Edited by apelike

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

You could be right about the news spinning.  

The Imperial College has already done research to find out if certain people have the antibodies to fight the covid virus because I took part and tested posting for the virus.  I’m sure they have enough information about immunity without having to test everyone who has the vaccine.  If I have pasted this correctly this is one of The Imperial colleges antibody research tests I did.  They also want  to monitor me for a number of years.  

I'm sure many are doing research into it but what is the result so far as its seem to be still unknown and that's the point I am making.  They really don't have enough information about immunity as a result of contracting it or as a result of having any vaccination. As you have already stated they will monitor you for a number of years so until that data is forthcoming what may or may not happen in the meantime is based on what? 

2 hours ago, catmiss said:

Given all of the above I’d rather immunise those who are at most risk from the virus and, as such post most risk to to a fully functioning NHS 

I agree with that and have already stated so.

Numerous times this morning I heard various news channels refer to the "new Co-19 variant" as being a "new strain". 

It is not a new stain. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-strain-mutation-variant-england-b1777724.html

Link explains:Strain, Variant, mutation.

Edited by petemcewan

Why Mass testing at Schools, just Vaccinate them instead.  :huh:

19 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Instead of who?

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Why?