Coronavirus - Part Two.

27 minutes ago, butlers said:

There was an anti lockdown protest again in London this weekend gone.

We ought to follow the Aussie route if dealing with the organisers

theres been one or 2 every weekend, and the odd ones through the week too, ive been watching the streams, subject access covers them, although he calls himself a journalist and has a card hes far from unbiased on the subject and doesnt do reviews, news or critiques generally, just police arresting anti lockdown protestors.

funny how they call the police tyrants and thugs, they should go look at miners strike, wapping, battle of the beanfield etc for proper thuggery

funny thing is all those travel bans are purely for 48 hours? whats the point? does the new strains stop after 48 hours?

Edited by melthebell

11 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

El Cid

You may find this interesting.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867420308175#bib3

Especially Para 3 in the Main Text.

I'm holding onto this:

Taken from the link you provided.

Perhaps the experts in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, Kuwait, Ireland, Sweden and Italy haven't had a chance to read it.
As we're often told, our experts are the best in the world.
We're expert at being expert.

In the meantime, I don't blame France, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, Kuwait, Ireland, Sweden and Italy.

52 minutes ago, butlers said:

Flights now banned to

Germany 

Sweden

Switzerland

Kuwait

Italy

Dare say that list will grow by the hour

Vote leave didn't want foreigners in the country and now COVID has turned that around and the foreigners don't want the Brits.

The irony....

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Vote leave didn't want foreigners in the country and now COVID has turned that around and the foreigners don't want the Brits.

The irony....

We’ve finally lost total control over our borders.

27 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Perhaps the experts in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, Kuwait, Ireland, Sweden and Italy haven't had a chance to read it.
As we're often told, our experts are the best in the world.
We're expert at being expert.

In the meantime, I don't blame France, Belgium, Switzerland, Holland, Kuwait, Ireland, Sweden and Italy.

They over reacted when we had mad-cow disease too.

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

You're exactly correct.  Arlene Foster the First Minister of Northern Ireland hit the nail on the head when she said there's been a

"failure of society as a whole". 

Starting at the top with inept leadership, mixed messages, eyesight tests............................................

33 minutes ago, El Cid said:

we still have mad cow disease, hence brexit

:evil:

35 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

We’ve finally lost total control over our borders.

But, we've got brexit - surely we were promised that would allow us to take back control.

I can't help feeling that good old whiplash Boris (the U-turn man) will somehow blame his in effectual leadership on someone else...

39 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I don't think I would've like to have been hand-bagged by Maggi Thatcher either.

Edited by Mister M

38 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I don’t think there was an over reaction then,and now these countries have taken the sort of action that many people believe that we should have taken in the early part of this year.

To be honest I don’t think that such actions will have a significant effect on a virus that seems very adept at spreading.

It gives us a little practice,prior to a No Deal Brexit in handling chaos on the roads and the ports as exports are affected and foreign freight owners  will be loathe to come to the U.K.with the probable delays.

As our daily infection rate is triple Frances, can't say thier reaction is surprising.

I wonder what our redtops would say if roles were reversed

2 hours ago, butlers said:

Flights now banned to

Germany 

Sweden

Switzerland

Kuwait

Italy

Dare say that list will grow by the hour

Pity train operators didn’t take the same action given the scenes at Paddington station when the only Saturday pm train to Leeds was packed. Operator announced social distancing not possible as train overcrowded, service terminated early so the exodus had to overcrowd another train. Obviously Whitty’s advice to unpack the travel bag went unheeded and the mutated virus encouraged to increase rates in the North aided and abetted by the counties’ homegrown idiots who are determined to have a ‘normal family Christmas’. January Lockdown aka tier 4 countrywide a certainty