Coronavirus - Part Two.

Its reported l, around the country hospital beds are full,  isn't that where the Nightingale and such like should come into force. :huh:

19 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Its reported l, around the country hospital beds are full,  isn't that where the Nightingale and such like should come into force. :huh:

You can watch 'Hospital' on BBC2 and operations are cancelled because they have and emergency; our hospitals run at 100% capacity all the time.

The Nightingale hospitals are barely used because we dont have the staff to make the operate. Brexit and our stance towards being anti-foreigner meant that many EU citizens returned home.

53 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Who is going to staff them?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'll  Stand corrected but I'm  sure  It was reported  The Forces Medics ect were going to run them. Knowing me, probably got it wrong. :huh:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

I'll  Stand corrected but I'm  sure  It was reported  The Forces Medics ect were going to run them. Knowing me, probably got it wrong. :huh:

Royal logistic corps put them together but it would NHS staff running them. Alot of military medics had been drafted into the nhs anyway. 

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well last time NHS staff were asked if they wanted to be seconded to work in the Nightingale hospitals.

so basically it's creating extra beds and spreading the existing staff ever more thinly.

Sounds like Jeremy Hunt and his '7 day NHS' again...

Press conference at 4pm, believed to be more restrictions for the south east

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55376727

so London hasnt been in tier 3 for 2 weeks while northern britain has, now its that bad its needs tougher restrictions than tier 3?? Oo

Edited by melthebell

33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Royal logistic corps put them together but it would NHS staff running them. Alot of military medics had been drafted into the nhs anyway. 

Cheers for clearing that up,  I knew I had heard the Forces mentioned in some capcity.

40 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Press conference at 4pm, believed to be more restrictions for the south east

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55376727

so London hasnt been in tier 3 for 2 weeks while northern britain has, now its that bad its needs tougher restrictions than tier 3?? Oo

Sheffield is about 150 per 100k, that there London and parts of the South East are 400 per 100k (or more).

19 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Sheffield is about 150 per 100k, that there London and parts of the South East are 400 per 100k (or more).

It's a shower isn't it? Press conference expected at 4 but a few weeks ago it kept getting delayed. My OH will go ballistic if Strictly is delayed😄

Maybe they should just do like Escape from New York and not let anyone in or out of London. They are now speculating that people leaving London could be spreading the new variant around.

Some sort of Berlin wall type structure, Trump should have plenty of unused bricks to sell us.