Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 hour ago, MuteWitness said:

I stand corrected then.  Still seems alot of strange excess deaths maybe it was covid 18.  

as ive said previously, is there an official "conspiracy theorist" count on the number of deaths or are they just guessing?

15 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

The ons have average figures .

Just to help - if you make claims about figures, try linking to the source eg try linking to the ONS figures.

Germany doing a hard lockdown for a month apart a slight relaxation for 2 days over Christmas and boxing day.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

We all need to do our best to help minimise the number of infections.

I know it is a difficult situation over xmas. But doing what the government has allowed the public to do at xmas is going to see a rise in infections. I don't see this as doing our best. We do have choices though.

2 hours ago, Janus said:

I know it is a difficult situation over xmas. But doing what the government has allowed the public to do at xmas is going to see a rise in infections. I don't see this as doing our best. We do have choices though.

The trouble is that a lot of people think that because they CAN see family etc at Christmas then it’s OK and they SHOULD do so.

That TV campaign for the NHS showing people’s breath as green fumes is not helpful IMO. Yet AGAIN fleeting outdoor contact with strangers is being portrayed as risky whilst the Government is allowing people from three households to be cooped up indoors together for hours over Christmas. Bonkers.

We can’t pick and choose what is risky.

4 hours ago, redruby said:

The trouble is that a lot of people think that because they CAN see family etc at Christmas then it’s OK and they SHOULD do so.

That TV campaign for the NHS showing people’s breath as green fumes is not helpful IMO. Yet AGAIN fleeting outdoor contact with strangers is being portrayed as risky whilst the Government is allowing people from three households to be cooped up indoors together for hours over Christmas. Bonkers.

We can’t pick and choose what is risky.

Agreed.  It seems to me that the government is putting the onus on the population to pick and choose what is risky, so they can slide the blame from themselves to us when the infection rate rises again.  I suppose they think that people will be getting together anyway 'because it's Christmas, we can't not see people', so they're trying to make it look like they still have some semblance of leadership by relaxing the rules to what they expect people to do.

The virus doesn't know it's Christmas, its goal is to find suitable hosts and spread itself far and wide.  We'll just be giving it more opportunity to do that.

35 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Agreed.  It seems to me that the government is putting the onus on the population to pick and choose what is risky

That is what happens with every ilness, except COVID.

I know Germany are locking down, but the country has been in special measures since March. I agree with letting people decide for themselves.

Many have been out shopping for Christmas presents, I hear that public transport is busy, people are drinking at home and the shops are busy. Buying presents and panic buying because of Brexit.

Boris has no respect from the majority of the population, he cannot force people to do, something which they dont want.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

That is what happens with every ilness, except COVID.

I know Germany are locking down, but the country has been in special measures since March. I agree with letting people decide for themselves.

Many have been out shopping for Christmas presents, I hear that public transport is busy, people are drinking at home and the shops are busy. Buying presents and panic buying because of Brexit.

Boris has no respect from the majority of the population, he cannot force people to do, something which they dont want.

The virus doesn't respect peoples decisions. It's quite happy to let people catch it, show no symptoms, and then pass it on to vulnerable family members.

8 hours ago, Janus said:

Claims that the government have relaxed regulations for Christmas because people would have had large family gatherings anyway and loosening them would provide some limitations on social interaction misreads the British public. Those who would have ignored tighter regulations will still do as they please and those who fully agreed with existing regulations will still abide by them. It’s the regulation disenchanted middle who have now been encouraged to have ‘a normal family Christmas’ and probably coerce the oldies/vulnerables to join in who will be responsible for the R rate rise in January. 

Probably the same group will be the most vociferous moaners at the continuation of or increased restrictions 

I think that the government ought at least to be discouraging people more strongly from meeting up in households over Christmas.  Lots of people started arranging  Christmas get togethers just after the relaxation of rules for Christmas were announced.  Asking people to ‘think carefully’ about meeting at Christmas isn’t a strong enough message and we will most likely end up paying for this in the New Year. 

8 hours ago, Longcol said:

The virus doesn't respect peoples decisions. It's quite happy to let people catch it, show no symptoms, and then pass it on to vulnerable family members.

Maybe you would be happy to allow those that have been vaccinated more freedoms?