Coronavirus - Part Two.

A bitt miffed about not being able to call for a pint now and again,   but even though Im not a big Boris fan I think keeping  us in the three tier  situation is  probabky the safest direction to follow until the Elderly and the Vunerable and the  NHS  are vaccinated.

23 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I don't think it makes much difference for pubs whether they are in tier three or tier two.  The scenes we saw outside pubs in big towns and cities when revellers hung about hugging each other instead of going home when they introduced 10.00pm closing made it inevitable most pubs would be closed the few weeks before Christmas.  The idiots spoilt it for the normal bloke just wanting to call for a pint now and again.

I Couldn't have put it better,  :thumbsup:    I knew there would be some flack after those types of outburst,  the message was literally saying to the Goverment when we have had a drink this what we do and think of your rules,   so Boris has said, well OK  try these rules for size,   so like you say the idiots spoilt it for the rest,  

Apparently the Morbidly Obese are to be prioritised for the vaccine along the elderly, frontline health workers and those with medical conditions making them vulnerable.

So, mixed messages then:

NHS:  Eat less, exercise more, Save lives

Boris: Eat more, Get jabs, Save lives

Given the state of the economy, I'd prioritize people who work and pay taxes to get things moving again. I know this sounds a bit callous towards the more vulnerable members of society but total economic collapse wouldn't be good for anybody. The sick and elderly could carry on shielding until their turn comes along.

16 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Given the state of the economy, I'd prioritize people who work and pay taxes to get things moving again. I know this sounds a bit callous towards the more vulnerable members of society but total economic collapse wouldn't be good for anybody. The sick and elderly could carry on shielding until their turn comes along.

dont worry, there seems to be enough money left for almost 5 grands worth of bong bongs

1 hour ago, despritdan said:

Some of the elderly and the vulnerable pay tax and normally spend money too. After 9 months of shielding (not all infirm or at deaths door) I think many of them are eager to hit the shops. 

1 hour ago, catmiss said:

Some of the elderly and the vulnerable pay tax and normally spend money too. After 9 months of shielding (not all infirm or at deaths door) I think many of them are eager to hit the shops. 

I hope when they go to the shops, there will be discounts galore for them,  even though the majority of us have been restricted in our daily routines, but  the Elderly, the Vunerable have lterally been  and still are living in fear for their lives, all the key workers should get consessions as well. 

Edited by PRESLEY

I guess there has been some NEW science around vitamin D and COVID?

More than 2.5 million vulnerable people in England will be offered free Vitamin D supplements this winter.

The vitamin, which helps to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy, will be delivered to people who are clinically extremely vulnerable, and care homes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55108613

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I guess there has been some NEW science around vitamin D and COVID?

More than 2.5 million vulnerable people in England will be offered free Vitamin D supplements this winter.

The vitamin, which helps to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy, will be delivered to people who are clinically extremely vulnerable, and care homes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55108613

It is fairly recently that there has been shown to be a link between vitamin d deficiency and hospitalisations due to covid.

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/respiratory/more-than-80-of-hospitalised-covid-patients-have-vitamin-d-deficiency-study-suggests/

My dearly beloved first mentioned this (not the article but some preliminary findings) a couple of months ago and promptly bought us a years supply of vitamin d tablets.

I've taken vit d since hearing Dr John campbell on YouTube talk about it back in march time...not died of covid yet!