Coronavirus - Part Two.

Or, maybe they just voted to make sure that we aren’t adversely affected by a killer virus, or irresponsible citizens.

Maybe they saw the hospitalisation figures, for example. Have you seen how they have changed in the last month?

Yes but there is lots saying hospitals are at the same capacity every year.  

I'm no expert i can only go on data that is available.

Edited by MuteWitness

I was referring to the number of cases of Covid serious enough to require hospitalisation. Have you seen how the numbers are changing?

No. It’s all sorts of people.

Anyway, don’t old/ill people matter? 

Here is the Guardian synopsis of the data. It’s pretty grim reading:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/03/covid-cases-and-deaths-today-coronavirus-uk-map?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Pettytom

Sheffield hospitals are currently full to bursting.

And we're not the worst - only in the top 20 of hospitals that are being overwhelmed by admissions, apparently (I hear there was some sort of leaked document, but I didn't get the full details and haven't been able to verify directly).

3 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

Yes,  but isn't it only old or already ill people ?

Oh well, that's fine then, isn't it?

Hi all. Re Sheffield hospitals and the elderly. Three or four weeks ago my 80 year old dad was admitted to NGH. He was mid stage Parkinsons, had a seizure and was suffering from a chest infection. He was placed on a ward with Covid patients, apparently this was ok because he was on a “bay” at the end of the ward. Last week we were informed that he had now tested positive for Covid. He died at 8am Sunday morning. My dad had done high risk jobs in his life and I do consider that he had beaten the bookies to reach 80 years old. To those who think this disease only affects old people. My mum has lost her life partner of 60 years. My strapping 21 year old son has lost his grandad, I have lost my dad and my granddaughter has lost her great grandad. That’s apart from a lifetime of friends and acquaintances. Stay safe everyone.

1 hour ago, Jim117 said:

Hi all. Re Sheffield hospitals and the elderly. Three or four weeks ago my 80 year old dad was admitted to NGH. He was mid stage Parkinsons, had a seizure and was suffering from a chest infection. He was placed on a ward with Covid patients, apparently this was ok because he was on a “bay” at the end of the ward. Last week we were informed that he had now tested positive for Covid. He died at 8am Sunday morning. My dad had done high risk jobs in his life and I do consider that he had beaten the bookies to reach 80 years old. To those who think this disease only affects old people. My mum has lost her life partner of 60 years. My strapping 21 year old son has lost his grandad, I have lost my dad and my granddaughter has lost her great grandad. That’s apart from a lifetime of friends and acquaintances. Stay safe everyone.

Sorry to hear that mate.

1 hour ago, Jim117 said:

That's very sad Jim. My condolances to you and your family.