Coronavirus - Part Two.

And we wonder why, (& moan), we're heading for another national lockdown? 

Just hearing on Radio Sheffield that S Y Police have issued 9 x £10,000 fines over the past few days in Sheffield due to mass gatherings of Covidiots.  

Apparently in one incident, captured on a police officer's body-cam, one woman questioned, wearing Halloween fancy dress is not only at one of these parties but she also admits to an officer, that she should actually be at home, self-isolating!   Well I'd hit her for a personal fine. 

People's stupidity, arrogance & lack of concern for others at the present time, never ceases to amaze me. 

Edited by Baron99

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

The places I feel sorry for are the ones who have spent a small fortune to make them corona safe, and now have to shut down anyway. Hardly seems fair.

There is more chance of you catching the virus walking around supermarkets and using public transport in some parts of the country than sat in a cafe having a cup of coffee in the day time, I’m not talking about the Bars.  A lot of effort and money has gone into making them safe.  Screens round the tables and waitresses service.  I also feel it hardly seems fair.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just hearing on Radio Sheffield that S Y Police have issued 9 x £10,000 fines over the past few days in Sheffield due to mass gatherings of Covidiots.  

Apparently in one incident, captured on a police officer's body-cam, one woman questioned, wearing Halloween fancy dress is not only at one of these parties but she also admits to an officer, that she should actually be at home, self-isolating!   Well I'd hit her for a personal fine. 

People's stupidity, arrogance & lack of concern for others at the present time, never ceases to amaze me. 

Yeah apparently in Whitby it's rumoured one bloke was sent home from work, got tested, came back positive but spent all weekend out on the **** in the pubs

There is talk of testing everyone in Liverpool.

How accurate are the COVID tests?

I have read about errors with the tests, false positives and false negatives.

Just immaginge that the tests are top notch and are 90% accurate.

A school or workplace has to be tested, out of 10 people tested, 1 person can be shown to have tested positive, but its an error. That would then close down whole or part of that workplace/school.

22 minutes ago, El Cid said:

There is talk of testing everyone in Liverpool.

How accurate are the COVID tests?

I have read about errors with the tests, false positives and false negatives.

Just immaginge that the tests are top notch and are 90% accurate.

A school or workplace has to be tested, out of 10 people tested, 1 person can be shown to have tested positive, but its an error. That would then close down whole or part of that workplace/school.

This is why a lot of scientists have said mass testing may not be helpful, because it will end up shutting down a lot of the economy anyway due to false positives.

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I have been in Sainsbury Jackson at Gleadless Townend twice in the last few days and each time there was a different young man without a mask. They were both in their 30s and should know better. How would they feel if their parents caught Covid 19 off them and died.

On another, more local note, what's protocol for mask wearing when dealing with delivery drivers? Tesco man had one on even though he didn't enter the house and I didn't. Should I have?

57 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

On another, more local note, what's protocol for mask wearing when dealing with delivery drivers? Tesco man had one on even though he didn't enter the house and I didn't. Should I have?

Unless you were likely to sneeze all over him, I would say no.

57 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He was protecting himself and you so, your choice really,  I would have wore one to be honest, but no big deal as one was wearing one. Imo.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

i thought masks protected the wearer and the person they are in contact with ?  they can't just be one way can they ?

6 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

i thought masks protected the wearer and the person they are in contact with ?  they can't just be one way can they ?

I suppose if both parties wearing a mask gives that bit more protection to either concearned.

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I suppose if both parties wearing a mask gives that bit more protection to either concearned.

He just stacks up the trays and I take them in. I pass back empties so we are two arm lengths and a tray between us? Close to 2m id guess and he's outside.

But I'll wear one in future, didn't not wear one because I'm an arse. One chap stacks them all up, knocks on the door and legs it to the top of the drive and waits till I'm finished. Don't blame him!