Coronavirus - Part Two.

24 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Can you give some examples?

Most big buildings have receptions. Shops with low footfall like hairdressers can do it themselves. High St shops have staff stood around now doing nothing because there aren't many shoppers.

A temperature gun costs £30 and takes 2 seconds to do.

They are managing to do this in other countries, and have control of the virus.

If we don't take these kinds of measures, it will just keep coming back, as we've seen in the last few months.

doesn't paracetamol lower temperature ? how effective are the guns ?

Re. the temperature monitoring - this is one way in which China (and other SE Asian countries) has managed to catch any flare-ups. It is a crude tool (walking into work, a classroom, a restaurant - literally everywhere - you get your temperature taken) but it seems to work. 

Here is the kicker though: People that have a raised temperature get tested, almost immediately, and get a result within 24 hours. They stay at home during that time. If the test is negative they probably have another reason for a raised temperature and they will get a call from a medical professional (usually a GP nurse) to discuss other symptoms so they can work out where the temperature comes from, get prescribed medicine and when better can go back into the 'system'. 

We don't have the ability to test that much or that quickly, we don't have a competent system to complete the track and trace aspect, never mind the follow up call for those with a raised temperature. We don't have the ability to mass test an entire city of 9 million people in under 2 days. Much of that is down to political incompetence. The £12 billion for the app was quite literally spaffed up a wall where all the henchmen stood ready to benefit, linked by the Jockey Club and other elitist institutions that monopolise power in this country to the incompetent.

7 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

Well amazon must be making a fortune delivering all these covid tests.

During the last lockdown the local council were taking nurses to peopples homes, doing the test, job done.

Maybe that was just for people going into hospital?

Serco who were awarded a 46 £million  contract for the track and trace, and were fined 1 £million for failures on another government contract.

It was revealed by the Sunday Times this morning that:

The “world-beating” NHS Covid app, downloaded by 19 million people, has systematically failed to send alerts telling people to self-isolate after they came into contact with infected people.
Thousands were not contacted by the Test and Trace app, developed under Baroness (Dido) Harding, because it was set at the wrong sensitivity, the government has admitted.
For a month, the Department of Health and Social Care failed to use software developed to make the app work properly. Users whose “risk score” should have triggered an alert were not contacted. As a result, a government source said, “shockingly low” numbers of users had been sent warnings since the app was released on September 24.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/software-bungle-meant-nhs-covid-app-failed-to-warn-users-to-self-isolate-6tzstqnr9

However Serco Chief Exec Rupert Soames (yes brother of the more famous Sir Nicholas Soames) wasn't having any of it:

Furious Serco chief blasts back at critics of coronavirus test and trace 'shambles': We're being used as a 'poster-ghoul' claims Rupert Soames
Under fire Serco chief executive Rupert Soames has launched a bitter attack on critics who he says have thrown 'vitriol' at his firm. He insists the Government's Test and Trace system is 'more world beating than a shambles'.
His strongly worded rebuke – in which he repeatedly lambasts Labour MPs – is likely to add fuel to the row over the Government's use of private contractors to combat the pandemic, particularly in the Test and Trace programme.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/markets/article-8875131/Serco-boss-blasts-critics-Test-Trace-shambles.html

For the naysayers 

A Yorkshire area's own test and trace is reaching many more people than the national service is

The system contacted over 83 per cent of contacts in its first week

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/yorkshire-areas-test-trace-reaching-19191724

Well done to them!

Perhaps they could give lessons to the very wealthy execs at Serco, and Dodo Harding

Edited by Mister M

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

During the last lockdown the local council were taking nurses to peopples homes, doing the test, job done.

Maybe that was just for people going into hospital?

My neighbours test arrived two weeks ago via amazon, she sent it back in a priority post box and has had no results and her gp can't help.

I see Gove has said that the schools will stay open.

Interesting to see what happens there as Gove is usually a good barometer of what's going to happen, generally it's the opposite of what he says.

2 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

My neighbours test arrived two weeks ago via amazon, she sent it back in a priority post box and has had no results and her gp can't help.

I'm doing regular tests as part of the ONS study - the first one came back after almost a month, the rest have been between 1-2 weeks. I assume (possibly a big assumption) if it was positive they'd have been in touch quicker, I guess your neighbour has to think the same. (mine have all been negative btw).

Edited by whiteowl

So Prince William's Covid was hushed up to avoid "alarming the nation."  Thank goodness for that.  I don't know how we would have coped back in the dark days of April, and in the darker days of the next few weeks.

A comparison between South Korea's response and that of the US:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000p36r/totally-under-control-trump-and-covid19

A long watch, but worthwhile...

...and not a good omen for this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54777346

Edited by Magilla

11 hours ago, whiteowl said:

I see Gove has said that the schools will stay open.

Interesting to see what happens there as Gove is usually a good barometer of what's going to happen, generally it's the opposite of what he says.

I'm doing regular tests as part of the ONS study - the first one came back after almost a month, the rest have been between 1-2 weeks. I assume (possibly a big assumption) if it was positive they'd have been in touch quicker, I guess your neighbour has to think the same. (mine have all been negative btw).

Agree about Gove 100%,  can't understand not locking down the biggest gatherers, Schools and Universities, what comes first, Education or saving peoples lives, Boris you have got it wrong AGAIN!  :roll:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Agree about Gove 100%,  can't understand not locking down the biggest gatherers, Schools and Universities, what comes first, Education or saving peoples lives, Boris you have got it wrong AGAIN!  :roll:

Back in the years after the 2010 coalition people were posting about how many people lost their lives early due to austerity.

We now have more debt than since the war, so in a couple of years will people realise that locking down will cost lives too? Less money for the Police, NHS, social care and education because of the lockdown. I did support the first lockdown, but the NHS should be able to cope now.

We opened the Nightinggale hospitals, were they just political, because we havnt got the staff for them?

Closing small buisnesses ie non essential shops which struggle at the best of times to earn aliving is absoloutly unwarrented when 

10 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Back in the years after the 2010 coalition people were posting about how many people lost their lives early due to austerity.

We now have more debt than since the war, so in a couple of years will people realise that locking down will cost lives too? Less money for the Police, NHS, social care and education because of the lockdown. I did support the first lockdown, but the NHS should be able to cope now.

We opened the Nightinggale hospitals, were they just political, because we havnt got the staff for them?

We wouldn't need the Nightingale hospitals this time around if the Goverment lockdown properly.