Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

When I said 'the lockdowns are certainly having a very negative effect on those with mental health issues' I was not saying that they don't like them; rather I was referring to the fact that it will cause breakdowns and suicides.

My solution is to not have a second full lockdown: to cease the scaremongering, protect those of the vulnerable who want to be protected, and let everyone else get on with their lives.

Cease destroying the economy, destroying people's jobs, harming those with mental health issues, allow those with cancer, pre-cancer, heart issues and all other medical conditions to access medical care.

Cease the censorship of experts and public who question the official narrative.

and why should people you deem suitable,  should be imprisoned. seems you are swapping one "favourite" victim for another. I dont even see proof of the issues you keep banging on about in large quantities.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

That's not panic buying. There is a second full lockdown coming, which is insane, and could well lead to a total collapse of what is left of the economy. The lunatics are truly in charge of the asylum. Stocking up is a very sensible thing to do.

Sounds like "scaremongering" to me.

Edited by Longcol

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

That's not panic buying. There is a second full lockdown coming, which is insane, and could well lead to a total collapse of what is left of the economy. The lunatics are truly in charge of the asylum. Stocking up is a very sensible thing to do.

1: Buying trolleys worth of the same item before a lockdown IS panic buying

2: The experts (scientists) have been saying the government are wrong and shouldve actually done one earlier, all week theyve been arguing for one.

3: stocking up in  a panic IS NOT sensible, no food shops are closing, theres no supply disruptions

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Your solution is to cease the scaremongering by scaremongering? I live across the road from a busy shop and there has been zero panic buying. Or actually any change in behaviour at all.

Token lockdown to be "Seen" to be doing something. Universities, colleges  and secondary schools should also have closed. These people are more understanding of the situation and can continue their studies online. Keep nurseries and junior schools open with their little class bubbles etc. 100% of the training and technical data I need to do my job is online at the moment due to covid , and 95% of it was like this before covid. If modern teaching of the more mature section of the population can't be done online, then they have lied to us about the benefit of the internet for years.  It won't be policed (The lockdown that is), it will be abused, waste of time. I still want to know who was still spreading it about during the the first lockdown. Don't answer that as I already know, and it wasn't that kind nurse who sorted your broken arm, or the kid behind the screen at the local supermarket checkout mmmm. What a mess. 

If you want to debate Mental Health, then please create a new thread for that. We've asked several times not to go off-topic.

Secondly, if you are posting video links, then give some background info as to what is in them as posting them without any info will result in them being removed.

7 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Token lockdown to be "Seen" to be doing something. Universities, colleges  and secondary schools should also have closed. These people are more understanding of the situation and can continue their studies online. Keep nurseries and junior schools open with their little class bubbles etc. 100% of the training and technical data I need to do my job is online at the moment due to covid , and 95% of it was like this before covid. 

If modern teaching of the more mature section of the population can't be done online, then they have lied to us about the benefit of the internet for years

distance learning of the more mature section of the population was sorted 60 years ago before we had an internet and all this technology. it should be much easier now.

maybe it hasn't been picked up by the mainstream media or maybe they thought this was only going to be a short term situation so the investment wasn't worth it but i'd expected greater moves in this direction. 

i've heard interviews with teachers and such like and the penetration of the technology needed to do this into the schoolchildren's environments isn't as great as people outside education think. 

there are ways of extending the tech but that will require some investment both in personal equipment for the children and possibly some publicish wifi infrastructure, which would hopefully have a wider benefit.

but there will always be children who for all sorts of reasons will be out of reach of the technology for no fault of their own and there must be a solution which provides them with a safe, high quality education. This is probably the most important thing and probably harder then the tech to achieve. 

7 hours ago, Dardandec said:

I still want to know who was still spreading it about during the the first lockdown. Don't answer that as I already know, and it wasn't that kind nurse who sorted your broken arm, or the kid behind the screen at the local supermarket checkout mmmm. What a mess. 

Do you know or don't you? If you do know then why not share it with us.

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

That’s a question that needs a wide ranging answer.

We could all do with knowing who, why, where and how the virus gets spread. At the moment, the Government seem

to be keeping this secret. It’s not good enough and it is time that they published what they know, in an accessible form.

That way, we could all make reasoned judgments about our behaviour. At the moment, I’ve no idea whether catching the bus is more risky than going to the pub, or the shops. I’d like to know. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Edited by Pettytom

2 hours ago, andyofborg said:

Pretty much answered it to be fair in my post. People not abiding by the lockdown rules. Only takes a small percentage and bingo, when everything opens up again it all kicks off, which is exactly what has happened.

I think its a well established fact that this is going to keep coming back infact never going away,  until  a vaccine comes along  and then  it'll be treated like the normal flu, so mean time,   as we all know its just a case of  using your head and keeping as safe as you possibly can,  for them  who have had the the mild form of the virus and think they are immune or the people that think because they are young enough for the virus to have no serious effect on them, get a grip and abide the rules and stop being so flipping selfish, this is probably one of main reason we keep losing control of this nightmare.  :rant:

16 minutes ago, enntee said:

I fully agree, but more particularly: who are being hospitalised and how/where were they infected?

if track and trace worked then maybe we'd know. 

22 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

How do small businesses, already struggling, find the staffing and money to do that?

Not saying I disagree with you, but as always, the devil is in the detail.

Can you give some examples?

Most big buildings have receptions. Shops with low footfall like hairdressers can do it themselves. High St shops have staff stood around now doing nothing because there aren't many shoppers.

A temperature gun costs £30 and takes 2 seconds to do.

They are managing to do this in other countries, and have control of the virus.

If we don't take these kinds of measures, it will just keep coming back, as we've seen in the last few months.