Coronavirus - Part Two.

13 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Its just a matter of putting up for a while till we get a vaccine circulating, according to boris and other agencies which should be in the first quater of next year.  The poor souls who fort for our freedom had coplete hell for six years but at the time they didn't have a time scale,  my god ! Never knowing when the end of the war was going to come must have been a nightmare on its own without all the every day carnage happening around them.

Agree.

My mother in law was one of the 1.5 million children evacuated - that is separated from their families and sent to live with strangers in a place she'd never been to or heard of - and yet seemed to come through it without too much trauma, bless the old dragon.

Edited by Longcol

I’m glad I did our weekly supermarket shop this morning, they’ll be a bloody nightmare over the next few days.

Edited by Mister Gee

39 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The cabinet meeting went on longer than expected.  Non cabinet MPs such as Steve Baker also wanted to and did talk to the Prime Minister. 

The so called leaks in this case certainly weren't welcomed by the Prime Minister.  Any  disarray has been caused by those guilty of causing the leaks.

Considering you’ve got insider information. Who is the thickest Tory going?

21 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Agree.

My mother in law was one of the 1.5 million children evacuated - that is separated from their families and sent to live with strangers in a place she'd never been to or heard of - and yet seemed to come through it without too much trauma, bless the old dragon.

God bless! We are talking a different breed. 

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

No, he didn't.

Most harm in this world done by humans to other humans, has/is been done by well intentioned, but, deluded people. That is certainly the case when it comes to Covid.

The authorities and their pet media have scaremongered with the covid statistics, and mainly ignored the equally horrific stats about deaths from mental heath issues, unemployment, destroyed small businesses and denied medical treatment- the public have been denied important facts and important opposing expert viewpoints.

Where are these stats? I've asked before but  nobody has ever come forward with any except a small increase in cancer deaths over a five year period.

Edited by Longcol

5 hours ago, MuteWitness said:

Is the YouTube Anne Brees video about the pandemic ending in June wrong then ? 

Or are we just not allowed to have debates these days.

https://youtu.be/5y51GICqL9E

Would that be the Mike Yeadon who said in his paper in early September

https://lockdownsceptics.org/addressing-the-cv19-second-wave/

"The evidence presented in this paper indicates that there should be no expectation of a large scale ‘second wave’ with smaller localised outbreaks when the virus contacts pockets of previously uninfected populations."

Got that wrong didn't he.

And yes - the pandemic didn't end in June. I thought that would be obvious to anyone.

54 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’m glad I did our weekly supermarket shop this morning, they’ll be a bloody nightmare over the next few days.

why? food shops remain open the supply chain is pretty stable no need for anything other than the usual shopping.

29 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Would that be the Mike Yeadon who said in his paper in early September

https://lockdownsceptics.org/addressing-the-cv19-second-wave/

"The evidence presented in this paper indicates that there should be no expectation of a large scale ‘second wave’ with smaller localised outbreaks when the virus contacts pockets of previously uninfected populations."

Got that wrong didn't he.

And yes - the pandemic didn't end in June. I thought that would be obvious to anyone.

You should watch the video- he does go into depth as to how what is happening now is not a 'second wave'.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

exactly...

NOBODY is scapegoating people with disabilities now get a grip

The lockdowns are certainly having a very negative effect on those with mental health issues, and their welfare has been a very low priority when coming to the decision to inflict a 2nd full lockdown on us.

5 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

You should watch the video- he does go into depth as to how what is happening now is not a 'second wave'.

Apart from hospitalisations and deaths increasing rapidly.

Edited by Longcol

6 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

why? food shops remain open the supply chain is pretty stable no need for anything other than the usual shopping.

Well there certainly won't be any 'panic buying' this time around. However, anyone with a brain and a memory of the 1st lockdown is very likely to do some rational and intelligent stock purchasing to ensure that they can eat, wash and wipe their bottoms.