Coronavirus - Part Two.

26 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

About 20k police short. And short of medical staff to make these nightingale hospitals vaguely useful. Who'd have thought a decade of austerity would have consequences!

It wasn't a leak. It was a "leak" ie a quite deliberate feed of information to tame media contacts to test the water without having to face questions. 

Now a rare appearance by the PM where he doesn't have to answer questions again.

80 seat majority this lot have got. 

That was my initial thought, but now they're saying there's going to be an investigation.....

As you said, the press and broadcasters have always leaked information so there will be well established relationships to facilitate this. 

I wonder who the fall guy is going to be? Won't be anyone high level like Dominic Cummings

46 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

About 20k police short. And short of medical staff to make these nightingale hospitals vaguely useful. Who'd have thought a decade of austerity would have consequences!

It wasn't a leak. It was a "leak" ie a quite deliberate feed of information to tame media contacts to test the water without having to face questions. 

Now a rare appearance by the PM where he doesn't have to answer questions again.

80 seat majority this lot have got. 

Well yes they leak things they want to leak, this Government get more like the TV comedies Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Is Cummings playing the role of Sir Humphrey?

3 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I think the police are probably told not to be heavy handed, because they don't want riots to break out. If they arrest someone who resists and it gets ugly, it will find it's way into social media. Surely everyone can see this, especially if someone is of a certain background.

However, I've thought for months that it's too relaxed, and we need to look at what countries who are fairing better are doing.

People saying, ''it's too confusing I don't know what to do'' - is too common.

Here was my plan... (and still is)

1. As soon as you leave your property, you wear a face covering. No ifs no buts. That way it's easy to police. Just drive around and fine people - this needs enforcing

2. Before entering any building, you are temperature checked, and HAVE to clean your hands. It's not difficult to have a station in building entrances. 3 Steps... wear mask / clean hands / temperature gun / (then distancing as well of course)

3. Make use of the army working with the police

4. People coming into the country unless bringing in goods, should all isolate, or be tested (there not point us doing anything if people can come in and bring it in with them)

In a rare watching of the news yesterday (for good reason as I nearly put a brick through the TV), I saw Nottingham.

Tougher action needed.

Get all the CCTV, and police camera footage, fine every one of them. And put that on the front page of newspapers.

The one who knocked off the police woman's hat, should be locked up (assault police officer if we need something to do them for)

That for me, was a huge offence. It shows complete lack of regard for authority and the virus, and the kind of thing that will encourage others.

The businesses who are flouting restrictions need harder sanctions too- two news items today re a Birmingham Shisha bar and a West Midlands Hotel both received £10,000 fines but caught doing the same thing within a couple of weeks. Can’t think it’s just the Midlands but perhaps their police/public more vigilant 

22 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

Is the YouTube Anne Brees video about the pandemic ending in June wrong then ? 

Or are we just not allowed to have debates these days.

https://youtu.be/5y51GICqL9E

No, you just slapped a video up. You didn't offer any comment on it all.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Well yes they leak things they want to leak, this Government get more like the TV comedies Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Is Cummings playing the role of Sir Humphrey?

Now they've leaked details of said lockdown to Robert peston. It's an appalling way to run a country.

1 hour ago, MuteWitness said:

Is the YouTube Anne Brees video about the pandemic ending in June wrong then ? 

Or are we just not allowed to have debates these days.

https://youtu.be/5y51GICqL9E

That video was posted earlier in the thread- it is well worth a watch as it is an interview with an Chief Scientific Officer in Allergy Respiratory Research who very much disagrees with the official narrative on the lockdown/covid.

I'm unable to locate the original post with the video link- has it been removed?

Edited by onewheeldave

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

Apparently Boris is going to address the nation today at 4pm after second lockdown plan leak.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-boris-johnson-address-nation-22935822#source=breaking-news

Yes, preamble is on now. We're going into lockdown for at least a month, all non essential shops to close. Not sure when it starts though. 

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Those programmes should be essential viewing in schools. They explain more about hw politics work than any number of lectures. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes, preamble is on now. We're going into lockdown for at least a month, all non essential shops to close. Not sure when it starts though. 

Thursday,  plenty of time for the Virus to spread even more.  :roll:

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And now its been moved to 6:30.

Shambles.

Throw peanuts you get monkeys