Coronavirus - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Same here.  Nothing has changed for us.  Only change for me is that the bookies aren't open for a month so I can't put any bets on.  I don't have & don't want an online account, so I'll keep my money in my pocket for a month. 

Yep, me too Baz,   

6 pints in't pub, then blow all my money to Billy Hill, happy days..

Now I'm just frittering money away on food..

Wouldn't know how to work an online account..

Does anybody know what the travel restrictions are now that Sheffield has come into tier 3. All that I can come up with is that the government says we should cut down ( not stop ) non essential travel and stay in the area. What is the area? I live in S6, does this mean I should just stay in S6,or does it mean I should stay in the Sheffield postcode area? If it is the latter that would mean I can travel as far as Hathersage but Castleton is just out of bounds. More clear as mud instructions from Doris.

22 minutes ago, ivan edake said:

Does anybody know what the travel restrictions are now that Sheffield has come into tier 3. All that I can come up with is that the government says we should cut down ( not stop ) non essential travel and stay in the area. What is the area? I live in S6, does this mean I should just stay in S6,or does it mean I should stay in the Sheffield postcode area? If it is the latter that would mean I can travel as far as Hathersage but Castleton is just out of bounds. More clear as mud instructions from Doris.

Within the boundaries of Sheffield city council. But as Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster are all tier 3 it doesn't really matter if you went there.

Where do you want to go?

The only change for us is that my missus may have to work the odd day from home to reduce the the number of people in the office. As for me, i'm still allowed to go fishing locally so i'm happy with that.

1 hour ago, ivan edake said:

You can leave a Tier 3 area for activities including work, education or youth services and caring responsibilities. 

See the link for further details: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/can-tier-2-travel-to-tier-1-rules-covid-lockdown-tier-3-travel-b1226762.html?amp#aoh=16035503321798&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Edited by Baron99

My personal interpretation was that I should not travel outside of South Yorkshire unless necessary. Others may have interpreted the rules differently. 

15 minutes ago, Janus said:

My personal interpretation was that I should not travel outside of South Yorkshire unless necessary. Others may have interpreted the rules differently. 

My interetation was pretty much the same. I can go fishing to Aston (as long as I social distance) because I have not left the tier 3 area, but I can't fish at Killamarsh because they are on lower tier restrictions. 

2 hours ago, Janus said:

I would agree. Nothing to do with postcodes, everything to do with the South Yorkshire boundary.

No - viruses don't pay attention to postcode boundaries - everything to do with common sense.

Don't go unless you HAVE to.

As we all know, it's about common sense.  Most of us have it, and will not leave South Yorkshire without god reason.  The question is - what will happen to those who ignore the new rules?

Will there be police fining people after drinking in Chesterfield or Dronfield?  If not, why not?  Those of us who love a beer but abide by the rules will feel let down if they don't.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

As we all know, it's about common sense.  Most of us have it, and will not leave South Yorkshire without god reason.  The question is - what will happen to those who ignore the new rules?

Will there be police fining people after drinking in Chesterfield or Dronfield?  If not, why not?  Those of us who love a beer but abide by the rules will feel let down if they don't.

Because we don't live in a Totalitarian state - yet.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Because we don't live in a Totalitarian state - yet.

Down to Tory power grabs rather than covid.