Coronavirus - Part Two.

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

No.

In tier 3 you can’t mix with another household in private grounds. That includes  pubs, restaurants and private gardens.

Parks are fine though. Even after 10pm

Unless it's a business lunch....maybe, not sure, unsurprisingly as clear as mud.

Edited by Bargepole23

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Yes. Parks are fine, certainly in South Yorkshire.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-south-yorkshire-54630541

It’s no surprise that our hapless government are being less than clear about what they want from us.

Telegraph gets it wrong again:

What is very high level/Tier 3 lockdown?

For areas with a very high level of infections. The Government will set a baseline of measures for any area in this local alert level. Consultation with local authorities will determine additional measures.

The baseline means the measures below are in place:

Pubs and bars must close, and can only remain open where they operate as if they were a restaurant - which means serving substantial meals, like a main lunchtime or evening meal. They may only serve alcohol as part of such a meal

Wedding receptions are not allowed

People must not meet anybody outside their household or support bubble in any indoor or outdoor setting, whether at home or in a public space.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/10/23/tier-3-lockdown-rules-high-alert-areas-restrictions/

44 minutes ago, ormester said:

Why in tier 3 are things different with other  tier 3s 

I don’t think they are.

There is scope for additions to local rules, depending upon circumstances, but the core rules are the same.

Everything is detailed here.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-level-very-high

It clearly says that you can meet friends outside, in public spaces, if you follow the rule of six.

@alchresearchNever Trust The Telegraph.

I was under the impression that this Lockdown was to begin Saturday night midnight, but the news is saying it's tonight, Friday.

Are none essentiak shops going to close?

As I understand it it starts tonight. According to the government guidelines all shops including non essential can remain open. 

1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

As I understand it it starts tonight. According to the government guidelines all shops including non essential can remain open. 

Thanks for that Rolly

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

I was under the impression that this Lockdown was to begin Saturday night midnight, but the news is saying it's tonight, Friday.

Government guidance for tier 3 is here.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-level-very-high

Additional restrictions for South Yorkshire here.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-level-very-high-south-yorkshire

Thanks to you too Longcol.

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

SATURDAY 00.01am

as in just after Friday night

and its not really a "lockdown"

Edited by melthebell

Nothing has changed for me either - only go out for shopping these days - just had a few cans while doing housework and playing music.  Local supermarket and off-licence staying open, so I reckon I can survive.  No pubs and usual conversations, so mental health questionable, but then, it probably always was!

Broadband, TV, and the phone still work.  Neighbours handy if they need me or I need them, so that is covered as well.  The Government have not found a way to tax Oxygen yet, so we can all breath free and easy!

Yes, we are in a war, but ....  Keep smiling folks!

The following makes me puzzled.

"The FDA has moved forward with Remdesivir as the first -and the only-approved drug for treating Covid 19. "

It doesn't work.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/health/coronavirus-remdesivir-who.html?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=wired&utm_mailing=WIR_Science_102320&utm_

Is the  FDA content with backing a useless drug that is administered to patients ? Which side is the FDA on ,Big Pharma or the Public?

What progress is there being made in the direction of finding a standardised treatment for Cov-19 ? We need one -and quick.

It looks like whatever treatment Trump got, did in fact work.

Why not roll it out into the public domain?

I suppose the poor and huddled masses can creep off and die.

Whilst the powerful troll off into a healthy future.

When you're smiling.The whole world smiles with you.

After 3, join in the song.

Edited by petemcewan

11 hours ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Nothing has changed for me either - only go out for shopping these days - just had a few cans while doing housework and playing music.  Local supermarket and off-licence staying open, so I reckon I can survive.  No pubs and usual conversations, so mental health questionable, but then, it probably always was!

Broadband, TV, and the phone still work.  Neighbours handy if they need me or I need them, so that is covered as well.  The Government have not found a way to tax Oxygen yet, so we can all breath free and easy!

Yes, we are in a war, but ....  Keep smiling folks!

Same here.  Nothing has changed for us.  Only change for me is that the bookies aren't open for a month so I can't put any bets on.  I don't have & don't want an online account, so I'll keep my money in my pocket for a month.