Coronavirus - Part Two.

just heard we are going into tier 3 via mat hancock according to a email to me for the star is it true

44 minutes ago, enntee said:

It is highly likely. Hancock stated that talks are ongoing with leaders regarding South Yorks, West Yorks, Notts and others moving into Tier 3.

Had a call from one of the local care homes this morning, confirming that all visits are forbidden from today. Up until now, we were able to visit once a week for half an hour, but apparently 'Government advice' has suggested that this should stop - perhaps pre-empting Tier 3?

45 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Had a call from one of the local care homes this morning, confirming that all visits are forbidden from today. Up until now, we were able to visit once a week for half an hour, but apparently 'Government advice' has suggested that this should stop - perhaps pre-empting Tier 3?

Hospital visiting has been suspended from today too.

8 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Hospital visiting has been suspended from today too.

Think we can rule out 'coincidence'.

Explaining the circumstances to some poor souls in homes/hospitals must be a challenge to say the least...

On 15/10/2020 at 21:32, redruby said:

It has happened to me many times 🙄 I had an oldish couple stop and turn to face a hedge in a gennel when I went past (it was not even a narrow gennel), an old lady on a river footpath in Derbyshire informed us that we were to pass ‘back to back’ and a woman with a pram stormed in a huff into the road because we didn’t do so before we were anywhere near close!! I understand some people find seeing people in masks distressing but I get far more bothered by this especially as it is so unnecessary.  

It's happened to me too. Doesn't it make you feel awful? But they would probably argue that they/you are keeping safe, just like the mask wearers do. However it's all part of the damage this blasted pandemic is doing, it's not just about the deaths, sad as they are, if it goes on indefinitely will we ever be able to get back to normal? Trust, once lost, is harder to regain.

Sorry, above reposted by mistake. 

I hope people realise that if we go back into lockdown, it's very unlikely to be for the heralded 2 weeks. It will probably be until Christmas, and could be for the whole winter. That will be far worse than last lockdown when we could at least go in the garden or for a walk in the sunshine. And there will be all the usual winter illnesses on top of covid that go untreated.

Edited by Anna B

So, that’s Manchester into tier 3, with minimal financial support. The Big Ben renovations cost four times more than Manchester is getting as help.

We are also in discussions to enter tier 3, along with the North East. Grim times ahead.

How long is Liverpool and Manchester locked down for, what ever the answer is, take it as we will probably spend the same time if  we are moved up a tier.  :roll:

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I hope people realise that if we go back into lockdown, it's very unlikely to be for the heralded 2 weeks. It will probably be until Christmas, and could be for the whole winter. That will be far worse than last lockdown when we could at least go in the garden or for a walk in the sunshine. And there will be all the usual winter illnesses on top of covid that go untreated.

There's no end to it Anna, soon as they relax restrictions the infection rate shoots up,

Chuffin sick of it.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

So, that’s Manchester into tier 3, with minimal financial support. The Big Ben renovations cost four times more than Manchester is getting as help.

We are also in discussions to enter tier 3, along with the North East. Grim times ahead.

From what I have read that's only because Burnham stubbornly refused the government's top line figure of 60 million. 

Perhaps if he he dropped the ego and realises that Manchester city region is perhaps not so important he thinks it is, the offer will still be on the table to him. It's not as if he is the only region already in tier 3

Does that region really have a mayor looking out in their best interests??  or is it a bit of a power trip by a failed Labour leader candidate desperately trying to push the boundaries of his limited devolved powers and influence.  

I do note said mayor seems be more than happy to put the entire country in a national lockdown but seemingly unwilling to respond to the obvious dramatic increases in infection in his  is own responsible region unless of course he received a nice big fat payment...... hmmm.

16 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

From what I have read that's only because Burnham stubbornly refused the government's top line figure of 60 million. 

Perhaps if he he dropped the ego and realises that Manchester city region is perhaps not so important he thinks it is, the offer will still be on the table to him. It's not as if he is the only region already in tier 3

Does that region really have a mayor looking out in their best interests??  or is it a bit of a power trip by a failed Labour leader candidate desperately trying to push the boundaries of his limited devolved powers and influence.  

I do note said mayor seems be more than happy to put the entire country in a national lockdown but seemingly unwilling to respond to the obvious dramatic increases in infection in his  is own responsible region unless of course he received a nice big fat payment...... hmmm.

The Govt should have said to him, "Right then Burnham, you're in charge of your region, get on with it but we're locking down the borders with your region so no one in or out.  You decide what level of lockdown, if any at all that YOU want but when the ICU beds & wards start filling up, don't even think about sending people over the Pennines."

Even the Manchester Young Conservatives are calling Boris Johnson a liar, and telling him to ship out

21 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Did you believe what you read, has someone written that to discredit Burnham or Johnson.

Which ever it is, take it with a pinch of salt.