Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

I don't want anyone to be told to isolate and not be able to work and be left with no money based on a pcr test.  Now the police are getting involved there's even more of a reason not to agree with track and trace.

It’s a stupid idea to involve the police, and we do need proper support for those required to isolate. However, we also need to track, trace and isolate, that’s how dangerous viral outbreaks are usually overcome .

Does anyone know if the places that require you to scan the QR code for the track and trace app allow you to leave details in a pen-and-paper way, or do they only allow people who have smartphones to enter the premises?

7 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Does anyone know if the places that require you to scan the QR code for the track and trace app allow you to leave details in a pen-and-paper way, or do they only allow people who have smartphones to enter the premises?

You think they check?

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

You think they check?

I've no idea.  I haven't been eating out since lockdown started, really...

10 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Everywhere that I’ve been has offered a choice of signing in, or using the app.

18 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I reckon that Sheffield will be in tier 3 by the end of the week to coincide with our half term break?  We've also got Halloween & Bonfire Night coming up, so that also might reduce the numbers out & about on those two nights? 

2 week half term coming up I guess...

And levelling down...

So much for the liar's election promises.

50 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Where will it all end?

Ten months into the COVID-19 pandemic, around 10% of the total global population of 7.8 billion has been infected by the virus, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

The UK is likely to have more cases than the average country. Will that 10%-15% affect the infection rate, what does herd immunity theory say?

Edited by El Cid

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Everywhere that I’ve been has offered a choice of signing in, or using the app.

Thanks.  I might venture out a little more.  Balancing supporting local business with avoiding everyone...

11 hours ago, Litotes said:

And levelling down...

So much for the liar's election promises.

To be fair, they had no intention of doing that even if we had not had this pandemic.

11 hours ago, petemcewan said:

What on earth is going on here. ? I  thought it worked. 

Dosage and timing are crucial when administering drugs.

How can they have got it wrong?

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

https://www.livescience.com/remdesivir-survival-covid19-coronavirus.html

That's sort of what 'trials' are for. 

Developing and analysing whether something might work.   Testing and checking to see if something does work.  Then following up and checking again to see if it is still working and works for all.

Covid is a previously unknown disease.  There is going to be lots more of these trials and failures until any sufficient treatment is found.   

The USA might have bigged up this treatment has some miracle cure to make themselves look good and stroke their ego but that was far from the truth. It was still in clinical trial stage even after being rolled out to numbers of patients.  

Edited by ECCOnoob