Coronavirus - Part Two.

Saw a piece on the BBC  news  this morning they have found a  Chinese goverment backed Vaccine in China and people were queing up to take it,  strange it wasn't reported on the tea time slot,  I thought this would have been the news the worlds be waiting to hear   :huh:

59 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Saw a piece on the BBC  news  this morning they have found a  Chinese goverment backed Vaccine in China and people were queing up to take it,  strange it wasn't reported on the tea time slot,  I thought this would have been the news the worlds be waiting to hear   :huh:

It's only a trial vaccine at the moment.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

It's only a trial vaccine at the moment.

A rumour I heard from a fella I work with who's relative works in the industry (convenient that init?) 

The trial vaccine that was being developed by Oxford that we heard about all them months ago is being looked at for a license once the human trailing is complete. It's allegedly being backed to the point where it's being manufactured and stock piled

Personally I take that very very very very cautiously but something like that wouldn't surprise me. Updates and information regarding the vaccine trials is out ther but we never hear anything at all about it. God forbid we have a bit of hope amongst us

12 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

A rumour I heard from a fella I work with who's relative works in the industry (convenient that init?) 

The trial vaccine that was being developed by Oxford that we heard about all them months ago is being looked at for a license once the human trailing is complete. It's allegedly being backed to the point where it's being manufactured and stock piled

Personally I take that very very very very cautiously but something like that wouldn't surprise me. Updates and information regarding the vaccine trials is out ther but we never hear anything at all about it. God forbid we have a bit of hope amongst us

The "rumour" has been in the press. It isn't a secret.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-oxford-university-cases-trials-latest-b1016739.html

"The UK has ordered 30 million doses of the vaccine, which is already being produced ahead of its expected approval. "

Sincerely hope it works.

AstraZeneca, who are manufacturing the vaccine, and Oxford University will need to ensure that they are covered against litigation resulting from any unpredicted adverse effects. The development of any pharmaceutical product normally takes far longer than is being allowed for this vaccine due to the numerous safety tests, clinical trials & submissions for approval.

Edited by Paul_

South Yorkshire mayor has been in talks with government Friday and over the weekend. On Friday’s Question Time Dan Jarvis gave no indication on how the region would respond to the application of tier 3. ie follow Manchester or Liverpool. Either way it looks as though many of the major cities in the North will face the severe economic  consequences of the tier system. So much for Boris promise of levelling up

18 minutes ago, catmiss said:

South Yorkshire mayor has been in talks with government Friday and over the weekend. On Friday’s Question Time Dan Jarvis gave no indication on how the region would respond to the application of tier 3. ie follow Manchester or Liverpool. Either way it looks as though many of the major cities in the North will face the severe economic  consequences of the tier system. So much for Boris promise of levelling up

I think he meant levelling up to the same level as Hell, Hull and Halifax.

Edited by Longcol

I reckon that Sheffield will be in tier 3 by the end of the week to coincide with our half term break?  We've also got Halloween & Bonfire Night coming up, so that also might reduce the numbers out & about on those two nights? 

I see the police are to get access to some of the track and trace data to be able fine people who break isolation.

I guess that will solve the problem of people not being able to get tested as many people just won't bother now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54586897

2 hours ago, whiteowl said:

I see the police are to get access to some of the track and trace data to be able fine people who break isolation.

I guess that will solve the problem of people not being able to get tested as many people just won't bother now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54586897

Excellent should finally put some people off from filling out track and trace of scanning in.

8 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

Excellent should finally put some people off from filling out track and trace of scanning in.

Why would you want to put people off from  using the track and trace system?

I don't want anyone to be told to isolate and not be able to work and be left with no money based on a pcr test.  Now the police are getting involved there's even more of a reason not to agree with track and trace.

Edited by MuteWitness