Coronavirus - Part Two.

I’m sitting in my living room at the moment. My app is telling me that the risk level in my area is high. Mrs Pettytom is sitting on the other side of the room and her app is telling her that the risk level is medium.

Its not that big a living room, both sides of it are in the same post code😀

Shambles doesn’t really do this lot justice.

40 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What?

We have a so-called PM who ignores the advice of his advisors, who then refuses to negotiate with the Mayors of devolved areas (who by definition have local powers), and threatens to intervene with his opinion.

It is called a dictatorship in other countries.

45 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m sitting in my living room at the moment. My app is telling me that the risk level in my area is high. Mrs Pettytom is sitting on the other side of the room and her app is telling her that the risk level is medium.

Its not that big a living room, both sides of it are in the same post code😀

Shambles doesn’t really do this lot justice.

34 minutes ago, enntee said:

My app is wrong as well. Telling me "medium" when we are in "high".

My app is telling me the local Covid Alert level is Medium and High 😂😂

5 hours ago, davyboy said:

Is there any web site that gives an analysis of covid 19 deaths and cases  by age group?

Try this link:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending2october2020#deaths-registered-by-age-group

You might find the info you're looking for? 

Edited by Baron99

5 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

They aren't allowed to move from university to home due to the lockdown measures.

That is quite simply untrue.

1 hour ago, enntee said:

My app is wrong as well. Telling me "medium" when we are in "high".

My app keeps telling me that I've been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, even on days when I've not left my home.

Still, it fills my heart with joy that  executives from Boston Consulting Group (BCG) helping the government set up and run its testing system are being paid day rates of around £7,000 - equivalent to an annual salary of around £1.5m.

Still I expect to be accused of peddling the 'politics of envy'.:roll:

6 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Apart from the huge influx of spending in our local pubs and restaurants, promoting and supporting cultural events and venues, bringing a diverse outlook.

And let's not forget staff directly employed (or contracted ) by the universties - lecturers, technicians, admin staff, catering staff, porters, cleaners etc etc

Back on topic - hospitalisations increasing rapidly.  Ouch 😬

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/16/covid-cases-and-deaths-today-coronavirus-uk-map

Edited by Longcol

On 13/10/2020 at 14:35, nightrider said:

The government has been clear for months that school and university education would get the highest priority for being open, and that other sectors would have to shut down to compensate for the infections this would cause.

I suppose this is why they are known as the snowflake generation!

Not true if used correctly. You should never touch the mask. Only touch the attachments used to secure it.

Bit of reality, my youngest son who lives in Nottingham (potential tier 3) came to Sheffield (potential tier 3)  came to visit today. He met his brother outside for half an hour and  then came to see me in my garden. It felt really odd because I don’t know when I’ll see him or the two of  them together again. I’m in a support bubble with my eldest son so can have indoor meetings but, as he only has weekend contact with my only grandchild, I can only see her outside-time limited at this time of year. Contact has been problematic with Family Court exacting an order several years ago. Covid 19  is being used as an excuse to terminate contact despite regulations but access to legal support and Family Courts are also affected by Covid. I feel my small but very close family is being torn apart by the pandemic 

Edited by catmiss
Addition

Jeremy Corbyn breaks the COVID-19 rules AGAIN! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8849075/Now-Jeremy-Corbyn-breaks-rules-memorial.html

Just days after apologising for attending a dinner party that broke the 'Rule of six' indoors, Corbyn attended a ceremony that broke the rule of not being part of a gathering of more than 30 outside. 

When are we going to see fines issued to high profile individuals that would help send out a message?  

Edited by Baron99

28 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Its a funeral that is limited to a maximum of 30 people. This looks like a celebration afterwards, which would result in a large fine for the organisers, not those attending.

Edited by El Cid

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8849075/Now-Jeremy-Corbyn-breaks-rules-memorial.html

Just days after apologising for attending a dinner party that broke the 'Rule of six' indoors, Corbyn attended a ceremony that broke the rule of not being part of a gathering of more than 30 outside. 

When are we going to see fines issued to high profile individuals that would help send out a message?  

Is anyone sticking to the rules anymore

Most people don't even know what they are...the rest don't care.

11 hours ago, El Cid said:

Its a funeral that is limited to a maximum of 30 people. This looks like a celebration afterwards, which would result in a large fine for the organisers, not those attending.

How can anarchists be organisers 😎

That the number attending bust 30 was likely totally accidental.