Coronavirus - Part Two.

Can I still go into my sons house as he is in my bubble.? Some of my friends say I can but I thought with the new lock down rules that I couldn’t. Help here please.

Edited by pattricia

Yes, we in tier 2 and our son can come to ours and we go his. Can even go for a meal out 'cos he in our bubble. Make most of it while you can tho, things change fast.

2 minutes ago, Fiat500 said:

Yes, we in tier 2 and our son can come to ours and we go his. Can even go for a meal out 'cos he in our bubble. Make most of it while you can tho, things change fast.

Fiat thank you so much for your reply as I go up every Sunday for my dinner. Also planning a meal out soon. It’s very confusing isn’t it.?

Onewheeldave,

Re,Post 1901. With respect:

It needs to be said a million times,"Wear a mask/face covering".

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/COVID-19-use-face-masks-community.pdf

It's a weak and dissembling proposition you  make.

You're guessing that masks are not being used properly.

You can guess as much as you like,but you cannot prove that masks are not being used properly by the general public.

A massive survey would have to be undertaken, to prove that masks/face covering are not being used safely. And as far as I'm aware, there hasn't been such a survey.

The WHO is a source for the safe use of masks. The general public are not stupid.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

Exactly, just by the selfish who lack any form of empathy, and don't want to wear a mask boo hoo

You and others seem hell bent on ostracizing those who don't/won't wear the mask. They are not some incredible barrier between you and the risk and the "well it can't hurt" argument is fine but it fills people with a complete false sense of safety and at times even superiority. 

There are enough bits if info, studies etc etc out there for it against these masks but I am so tired of hearing the mask wearers have a go at the none mask wearers. 

I wear one simply because I think "thems the rules" but only where required,in all honesty it just avoids (more than anything) having to argue the toss with the public who have the front to ask you about it. 

4 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

You and others seem hell bent on ostracizing those who don't/won't wear the mask.

Those that cant..fine, those that wont........are selfish knobs, case closed

28 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

It's a weak and dissembling proposition you  make.

You're guessing that masks are not being used properly.

You can guess as much as you like,but you cannot prove that masks are not being used properly by the general public.

Just as you cannot prove they are being used correctly.

In the meantime you could do what I have- look around at the people with masks below the nose, those repeatedly taking them on and off when going between shops, stuffing them in their pockets in the meantime....

There's information about how to wear a face covering.  Even a video!

1 minute ago, Becky B said:

There's information about how to wear a face covering.  Even a video!

No one is saying otherwise- simply pointing out that many of the public wearing masks are not following that information, and incorrect use of masks can be harmful to health.

10 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

You and others seem hell bent on ostracizing those who don't/won't wear the mask. They are not some incredible barrier between you and the risk and the "well it can't hurt" argument is fine but it fills people with a complete false sense of safety and at times even superiority. 

There are enough bits if info, studies etc etc out there for it against these masks but I am so tired of hearing the mask wearers have a go at the none mask wearers. 

I wear one simply because I think "thems the rules" but only where required,in all honesty it just avoids (more than anything) having to argue the toss with the public who have the front to ask you about it. 

I agree. I will wear one where required so as not to cause a confrontation or anxiety in others but with no conviction that it does much good.  Cases of COVID are skyrocketing even with mask use so either they don’t do much good or the number of cases would be horrifically higher if we weren’t wearing masks🤔

I worry that a lot of masks (most actually) are substandard, and perfectly useless in stopping any sort of virus. In fact I think they might incubate it and make it worse.

9 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

Is it at all practical for the public to use masks safely?

Taking them off and  putting them on repeatedly as they enter/leave multiple shops means they have to touch the masks. The masks need to be stored [in a pocket?]

It's not difficult. 

There isn't anything that says you have to remove your masks between shops and many people don't. If you want to remove it it's easy to to using the band that goes round your tabs and wear it on your wrist.

And how many people's main weekly shop is a visit to a supermarket so they only need a mask a week?

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I worry that a lot of masks (most actually) are substandard, and perfectly useless in stopping any sort of virus. In fact I think they might incubate it and make it worse.

They're not meant for surgical use - rather to reduce the impact of someone with the virus passing it on.