Coronavirus - Part Two.

All of South Yorkshire confirmed as Tier 2.

NE Derbyshire Tier 1.

1 minute ago, RiffRaff said:

All of South Yorkshire confirmed as Tier 2.

NE Derbyshire Tier 1.

That gives people and companies loads of time to adapt to changes they will have to make. 

2 hours ago, avalunche said:

if you were to read the government's website on who is exempt from wearing a mask. You would see that simply deciding that you feel unable to wear one as it would cause you severe distress is enough.  No evidence needed, just your opinion.

This is a direct quote.  Notice the last sentence which I have highlighted.

So its very easy to 100% follow the rules,  while not wearing the masks!    Just wake up and decide that being a sheep is not for you.

nice, its not what YOU want, if you cant wear one fair enough, but dont want to? yeah be selfish, wearing a mask is about respecting others, not being selfish

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

nice, its not what YOU want, if you cant wear one fair enough, but dont want to? yeah be selfish, wearing a mask is about respecting others, not being selfish

The point being made is if you don't want to wear one for whatever reason it's fairly easy to justify. 

2 hours ago, Easy livin said:

and how many of those are dead?

i was once admitted to hospital with tonsilitus.   i was in a packed ward of other kids with the same
none of us died.

admissions are like cases.      not deaths. 

And it's admissions (patients) that consume resources, especially in intensive care.

Edited by Longcol

How hard can this be? Is wearing a mask so difficult? Wearing a mask is an irritable inconvenience but I can easily cope with it and I’m a quite heavy smoker. I don’t believe for one minute that there is any medical reason to not wear one other than mental issues like maybe autism. Round our way the most common group of people I see flouting the rules in shops are middle aged men (my age group) who presumably think they are too “hard” to be challenged on their behaviour or indeed to actually catch Covid. Regarding all the bull being spoken about sheep, hoaxes, government control, etc, I have in the past participated in civil disobedience when I have thought it necessary but at the moment I will quite happily wear a mask if I think it will even slightly help me, my family or my fellow citizens. Just to finish, my nephew and his family have got Covid, my elderly parents neighbours have got Covid and my sister in law’s neighbours have got Covid. In the last example the wife has been told to say her goodbyes to her husband although she can’t go to hospital to do it in person because she has Covid.

3 hours ago, Easy livin said:

and how many of those are dead?

i was once admitted to hospital with tonsilitus.   i was in a packed ward of other kids with the same
none of us died.

admissions are like cases.      not deaths. 

Hmm.  I replied to this earlier, it seems to have disappeared!  Or I'm going mad...

Don't know how many are dead yet, but there is also an increased requirement for ITU care.

It also creates an additional burden on the hospital, opening up wards to keep Covid positive patients separate from others.

Was texting my sister last weekend. She's a nurse in a High Dependency Unit so literally on the front line, Her reply, and I quote, was:

"In Blackpool as the moment having a bit of a rest before COVID truly hits again".

Another relevant message from her back in May:

"They reckon the second wave will come September, so the doctors are saying, but we will have to wait and see"

Trust journalists, politicians all you like. I'll always take the word of my sister, it's anecdotal I know, but she is there in person not looking at graphs or projections.

Watching BBC news, they stated the total number of deaths, but underneath it said

"Deaths for any reason with 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test"

It was on the screen, but they didn't say it out loud.

So surely that's not deaths directly from Covid?
Isn't this really misleading?

8 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Watching BBC news, they stated the total number of deaths, but underneath it said

"Deaths for any reason with 28 days of a positive Covid-19 test"

It was on the screen, but they didn't say it out loud.

So surely that's not deaths directly from Covid?
Isn't this really misleading?

If only it was that easy;

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

"Defining a COVID-19 death

Although it might seem straightforward, counting the number of people who have died from COVID-19 related illness is complex."

21 minutes ago, Longcol said:

If only it was that easy;

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

"Defining a COVID-19 death

Although it might seem straightforward, counting the number of people who have died from COVID-19 related illness is complex."

Isn't it a bit like flu? In my understanding, people rarely die from flu itself, it just exacerbates other conditions/illnesses that might not have been otherwise life threatening. Please correct me if I'm wrong.