Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

You really must start shopping at a more select emporium, lol. I was in Sainsbury's this morning and everybody was wearing them. Best time to go is 07:00 to 07:30, very quiet at that time.

No matter where you shop you will always get idiots flouting and not caring about rules or anyone or anything, like said in a previous post, the majority have to suffer for the  ignorant selfish minority.

2 hours ago, Easy livin said:

From the BBC Website

The idea is for Covid marshals to advise and support members of the public and businesses on following social distancing rules.

They cannot enforce the rules, but it is hoped they will take some pressure off police and council officers, who do have powers.

or put another way.  no powers at all.  zero.  ziltch. nada.

and a smack in the nose for their trouble.

So rumour has it Sheffield is now tier 2 unless of course it isn't but numbers are going up it could be tier 3. Or 1.

More information as it comes in from her majesty's government.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So rumour has it Sheffield is now tier 2 unless of course it isn't but numbers are going up it could be tier 3. Or 1.

Well, according to my test and trace app, S8 is Medium  - which is tier 1 🤷‍♂️

if you were to read the government's website on who is exempt from wearing a mask. You would see that simply deciding that you feel unable to wear one as it would cause you severe distress is enough.  No evidence needed, just your opinion.

This is a direct quote.  Notice the last sentence which I have highlighted.

Exemption cards

Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

So its very easy to 100% follow the rules,  while not wearing the masks!    Just wake up and decide that being a sheep is not for you.

Edited by avalunche

1 minute ago, whiteowl said:

Well, according to my test and trace app, S8 is Medium  - which is tier 1 🤷‍♂️

Currently it is 1, as it was prior to 3:30.  I thought Dan Jarvis was still "negotiating".  We may not even hear until Wednesday.

37 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Seems a tad too easy to understand for my liking.

I think the system warrants breaking down further, such as tiers 1a, 1b if you're near a park and fresher air for example, or 1c if a council official happens to live nearby.

If an area straddles a postcode or council voting area, we could have 1a1, or 2a3 for instance.

Then there's the case where one side of a road might 'qualify' for a 1, but the other side a 2...or 3. Or be under a totally different region. Or not.

Perhaps there's a pub that serves meals....or is that a restaurant....but it might be a gastro...erm...pub. They'd obviously be allowed to open from 1am to about 5am, but not to serve food. Or drink.

I think it's a lost opportunity to confuse, divide and conquer, and shows that the government are not in complete control of the situation. Or might be. There'll probably be a Cobra meeting called to decide that. Perhaps tomorrow. But possibly not.

Edited by RiffRaff

32 minutes ago, avalunche said:

if you were to read the government's website on who is exempt from wearing a mask. You would see that simply deciding that you feel unable to wear one as it would cause you severe distress is enough.  No evidence needed, just your opinion.

This is a direct quote.  Notice the last sentence which I have highlighted.

So its very easy to 100% follow the rules,  while not wearing the masks!    Just wake up and decide that being a sheep is not for you.

Yeah, spread that virus.

4 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Seems a tad too easy to understand for my liking.

I think the system warrants breaking down further, such as tiers 1a, 1b if you're near a park and fresher air for example, or 1c if a council official happens to live nearby.

If an area straddles a postcode or council voting area, we could have 1a1, or 2a3 for instance.

Then there's the case where one side of a road might 'qualify' for a 1, but the other side a 2...or 3. Or be under a totally different region. Or not.

Perhaps there's a pub that serves meals....or is that a restaurant....but it might be a gastro...erm...pub. They'd obviously be allowed to open from 1am to about 5am, but not to serve food. Or drink.

I think it's a lost opportunity to confuse, divide and conquer, and shows that the government are not in complete control of the situation. Or might be. There'll probably be a Cobra meeting called to decide that. Perhaps tomorrow. But possibly not.

Wetherspoons gets to stay open because it serves food apparently. 

Covid-19 admissions to Sheffield hospitals have tripled in the past 10 days, apparently.

21 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Covid-19 admissions to Sheffield hospitals have tripled in the past 10 days, apparently.

Yeah, from 25 to 75.

4 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

and how many of those are dead?

i was once admitted to hospital with tonsilitus.   i was in a packed ward of other kids with the same
none of us died.

admissions are like cases.      not deaths. 

I never mentioned deaths? 

I was responding to a post about admissions.