Coronavirus - Part Two.

18 minutes ago, northernboy said:

The app does “go off” occasionally with a pop up notification to say you’ve been in contact with someone with symptoms, but the notification then vanishes into thin air.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54389083

Yeah, myself and my son have had the ‘possible exposure’ notifications, the sooner they sort it the better as it’s quite concerning the first time it happens.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:59, petemcewan said:

To the Forum.

The quote is from The Scientist. It addresses the ethics of challenge vaccination and the seriousness of Cov-19.

But I'm using it to support the argument that dumping suppression measures in favour of Herd Immunity,

is unethical.

Recognising that Cov-19 behaves in a disproportionate  way between the young,elderly and BAME populations. Is not a sufficiently ethical argument for chucking the vulnerable under the bus and letting Cov-19 run rampant -because -for some- to continue with suppression measures  is inconvenient.

Every life is of equal value. And we do not trade off the lives of the vulnerable for the convenience

of those who do not fit the vulnerable profile.

We have to search for a way out of this paradox that embraces and protects all of us.

Mitigation ultimately means abandoning the vulnerable. Herd Immunity protocols are the last resort of scoundrel governments.

I personally agree complete with the sentiments expressed  in the quote above

Excellent post.

We have no idea of the long term consequences of the virus on the body, so, it's negligent to expose anyone to Cv-19 unless it is absolutely necessary.  Young or old, co-morbidities or none.

I was accused of scaremongering when I stated in the previous thread, that we do not know whether the virus might lay dormant in the body, only to flare up again when the infected person is at a low ebb, similar to the Herpes/coldsore virus.  There's an emerging school of thought, apparently, as re-infections become more numerous, that the virus may be similar to Dengue fever, in this aspect.  I sincerely hope that it isn't but if it does turn out to be the new AIDS, with many infected and no cure for decades, it will be catastrophic.

Herd immunity is murder.  We don't even know if anyone will be immune past the six month period.

The only way to beat the virus and to get the economy back on its feet is to adopt a zero Covid policy, as successful countries are now benefitting from.  I'm afraid with the bunch of lazy, corrupt incompetents we have in charge now, they would never succeed in this.  So we need new, effective leadership 

Schools are propelling transmission rates.  The fact we now know that the virus can still be in the air in a room, nine hours after an infected person has left it, just points to how ridiculous it is to force everyone to attend school and sit in classrooms for hours with 30 others .  There should be online learning made available for those families that want it.

Mahatma Gandhi Quote: “The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members.” 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:00, Rockers rule said:

Unfortunately suicides, marriage break ups and mental health problems have always been a part of any redundancy.

Throw in this totally new and very worrying world wide pandemic and yes there will be more of the above,

So what do we do about it?

Look after your loved ones, have a look around your workmates or friends, is there someone or something you can do to help?

Keep safe - look after each other.  

Great post.

Edited by Lex Luthor

It looks like things are being re-enforced later  today  but whatever is made illegal who can check  on whose breaking the rules with regards to households mixing etc?

2 hours ago, Easy livin said:

Its interesting to see that the 50,000 a day scare number that had the panic ridden running to hide behind the sofa  has not been hit

in fact its less than half that.

i wonder when people are going to finally stop listening to these  idiots.

every single  time they open their mouths

they are wrong.

Less than half now - and the 50k was if we just threw everything open if memory serves. 

7 hours ago, Jason302 said:

It looks like things are being re-enforced later  today  but whatever is made illegal who can check  on whose breaking the rules with regards to households mixing etc?

Isn't the government planning on employing thousands of 'Marshalls' to police it? Who knows what powers they may have been given, even permission to enter people's homes.

8 hours ago, Jason302 said:

Just been in asda and loads aren't wearing mask,  apparently staff aren't allowed to pull em up because so called enforcers and police are supposed to be doing it and dishing out fines,  but where are they,  :roll:

52 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Isn't the government planning on employing thousands of 'Marshalls' to police it? Who knows what powers they may have been given, even permission to enter people's homes.

After 7 months shielding (give or take a few weeks of freedom) an extra visitor would be quite welcome 😷

42 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

From the BBC Website

The idea is for Covid marshals to advise and support members of the public and businesses on following social distancing rules.

They cannot enforce the rules, but it is hoped they will take some pressure off police and council officers, who do have powers.

or put another way.  no powers at all.  zero.  ziltch. nada.

Like playing football without a referee,  :hihi:

5 hours ago, Easy livin said:

Its interesting to see that the 50,000 a day scare number that had the panic ridden running to hide behind the sofa  has not been hit

in fact its less than half that.

i wonder when people are going to finally stop listening to these  idiots.

every single  time they open their mouths

they are wrong.

The idiots are the ones who aren’t listening and those who act in an anti-social manner.

Unfortunately, the sensible majority have to pay the price for the actions of a selfish and stupid minority 

Edited by Pettytom

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Just been in asda and loads aren't wearing mask,  apparently staff aren't allowed to pull em up because so called enforcers and police are supposed to be doing it and dishing out fines,  but where are they,  :roll:

You really must start shopping at a more select emporium, lol. I was in Sainsbury's this morning and everybody was wearing them. Best time to go is 07:00 to 07:30, very quiet at that time.

43 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

You really must start shopping at a more select emporium, lol. I was in Sainsbury's this morning and everybody was wearing them. Best time to go is 07:00 to 07:30, very quiet at that time.

I’ve been in Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Aldi, Home Bargains, Wilkos, Pets at Home and a couple of garden centres in the last week. Everyone was dressed correctly and considerate of each other’s personal space. 

That’s not unexpected. Most people are decent folk.

Edited by Pettytom