Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Arnold_Lane said:

They will be making coughing noises and have a high temperature.

Exactly what?

Ok on the coughing noise part but I don't know of anyone who has a built in Thermometer and can instantly know some one has a temprature just by looking at them.

1 minute ago, Rockers rule said:

Ok on the coughing noise part but I don't know of anyone who has a built in Thermometer and can instantly know some one has a temprature just by looking at them.

No, but you can point a thermometer at them.

5 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

That’s not the point ! The point is that they are coming in from another country that may not be Corvid free.!

22 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

How will anyone know, if they arn't tested?

I don't need to see if I'm coughing. I just, well, cough. If I'm not coughing, im not coughing.

3 minutes ago, pattricia said:

That’s not the point ! The point is that they are coming in from another country that may not be Corvid free.!

What about business people arriving from countries that aren’t Covid free?

4 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Well they've come into a country that isn't covid free either. We aren't testing the millions that come in from around the globe every single day, so I'm not sure we should be making a special effort for a few dozen that fall off the back of a dinghy.

That said I'd be staggered if they didn't have a temperature test.

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Is there another country that's not Corvid free?

For example, this morning alone I've seen crows, a couple of jays, a magpie, and a pair of nuthatches...

55 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

No, but you can point a thermometer at them.

so is pointing a thermometer at someone in its self (providing its switched on) not classed as testing them ???????????

50 minutes ago, pattricia said:

Totally agree with you Pattricia and should have been done straight away when fights were coming in from China etc without being tested in anyway.

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

I remember what it was like being 18 and away from home the first time. The idea that 18 year olds are going to just sit in their rooms being sensible was always a non-starter.

So do I but there wasn't a pandemic around at the time.  The authorities are just asking them as adults & it's not only the students were talking about here but the other idiots partying in the streets, to have a bit of common sense at this difficult time. 

As a pensioner, in her eighties, who phoned into the Jeremy Vine programme this morning commented, she'd basically been told by the Govt to lockdown for 5 months, surely they can manage 2 weeks. 

There was also an 18 student & his mum being interviewed this morning by BBC Breakfast.  He has just started at Nottingham Uni & his mum mentioned all the COVID-19 precedures in place when they dropped him off at his halls of residence, including plenty of signage about social-distancing & hygiene.  The lad then went on to say that his hall has a commom room which students were told was out of bounds but students are continually meeting in there, despite being told by those in charge of the hall & he also mentioned that although he was in his room by 10pm Sunday night, there was a party with many attendees on his floor. 

What do you do, other than keep trying to ram home the point that we're in a pandemic that has killed over 40,000?

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So do I but there wasn't a pandemic around at the time.  The authorities are just asking them as adults & it's not only the students were talking about here but the other idiots partying in the streets, to have a bit of common sense at this difficult time. 

As a pensioner, in her eighties, who phoned into the Jeremy Vine programme this morning commented, she'd basically been told by the Govt to lockdown for 5 months, surely they can manage 2 weeks. 

There was also an 18 student & his mum being interviewed this morning by BBC Breakfast.  He has just started at Nottingham Uni & his mum mentioned all the COVID-19 precedures in place when they dropped him off at his halls of residence, including plenty of signage about social-distancing & hygiene.  The lad then went on to say that his hall has a commom room which students were told was out of bounds but students are continually meeting in there, despite being told by those in charge of the hall & he also mentioned that although he was in his room by 10pm Sunday night, there was a party with many attendees on his floor. 

What do you do, other than keep trying to ram home the point that we're in a pandemic that has killed over 40,000?

18 year olds are not adults nowadays, they are children pretty much - so you can't expect them to be as responsible as an 80 year old pensioner. It would perhaps have been best to move everything online and keep students at home - but then universities would not have got their rental income, which in the absence of a government bailout would have been very bad for them.

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

It's not in gang masters' interests to smuggle in sick slaves. Eats into their profits big-time, see.

So rest assured that they're probably better-tested than your average UK dweller,  before boarding the RIBs on the French coast.