Coronavirus - Part Two.

12 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

So much for a totalitarian state then. 

It seems that we can still accommodate protest, even from the lunatic fringe.

Sadly, they are such a rabble that they’ve failed to comply with their own risk assessment and are currently being dealt with accordingly 

And ironically it is these same people gathering in large groups protesting about lockdown measures whom will ensure that lockdowns continue.

Maybe contracting the virus will make them realise there's no big conspiracy by the Illuminati

Not sure how I would feel if I worked in nhs and one of them idiots turned up in my ward.

Yeah ,thought I would ignor All advice and stand shoulder to shoulder with almost exclusively non mask  wearing crowd for couple of hours.

Totally irresponsible

6 minutes ago, Delayed said:

And ironically it is these same people gathering in large groups protesting about lockdown measures whom will ensure that lockdowns continue.

Maybe contracting the virus will make them realise there's no big conspiracy by the Illuminati

I doubt that. Contracting the virus would make them even more dangerous, because they will be the ones wandering round Tesco’s without a mask, or any consideration for others.

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I doubt that. Contracting the virus would make them even more dangerous, because they will be the ones wandering round Tesco’s without a mask, or any consideration for others.

Sadly I have to agree

6 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

You've misunderstood, I've moved nothing- the number dead in the UK with coronavirus was 34.

But you asked-

38? 

was my answer. 

I have absolutely no idea why you keep posting the number 38, yesterday you posted (and i quoted the number 34) so i used your number, 34. now you keep banging on about 38, so either you were wrong in your original post, or youre trying to say im wrong (when i quoted you means youre wrong as well)

So, as expected, label them as idiots, lunatics, conspiracy theorists and then blame them for any increase in covid. 

As opposed to listening to their views, which would reveal that most are not conspiracy theorists, not unintelligent and can articulate their legitimate concerns with how lockdowns are damaging their children's mental health/education and their fears of the consequences for their families when unemployment rises to levels not seen since the eighties.

I guess it's just so much easier to mis-represent and scapegoat isn't it?

Definition of unintelligent is what they did today.

The headline speaker was David Icke 

I have nothing but scorn for them

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I have absolutely no idea why you keep posting the number 38, yesterday you posted (and i quoted the number 34) so i used your number, 34. now you keep banging on about 38, so either you were wrong in your original post, or youre trying to say im wrong (when i quoted you means youre wrong as well)

It's very simple- you asked how much the death rate could rise without another lockdown [or words to that effect]; you probably expected answers like '1,200 deaths a day'; I gave '38?'- as an answer.

I stand by the original 34 as being the number of deaths on the day in question [today it is still at 34 by the way].

'38?' was my reply to your question of deaths in the future [without lockdown]- I posted it to counter the potential guesses in the hundreds and thousands that others on this thread would likely to estimate it to be [with no evidence].

I'm hardly going to get confused over the numbers given that I'm the one who posted the link to them in the first place, am I?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.236249604.408135901.1600762121-201961966.1585217610

6 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

Welcome to the Sheffield Forum, where any views that dont agree with the inhouse forum bullies  gets  dismissed as idiotic.

I can asure you, I am VERY familiar with how the majority on Sheffield forum deal with anyone with differing views :)

By the way- good to have a couple of others on here who can see through the mass hysteria currently happening- we need more non-compliers to stand up and object.

Edited by onewheeldave

26 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

So, as expected, label them as idiots, lunatics, conspiracy theorists and then blame them for any increase in covid. 

As opposed to listening to their views, which would reveal that most are not conspiracy theorists, not unintelligent and can articulate their legitimate concerns with how lockdowns are damaging their children's mental health/education and their fears of the consequences for their families when unemployment rises to levels not seen since the eighties.

I guess it's just so much easier to mis-represent and scapegoat isn't it?

NO!

the whole protest was billed as a protest against control, which when you watch and read what David icke is saying, i posted the interview video a few days ago, it IS a conspiracy theory, ie:- the governments and elites are conspiring to "scare" people into submission

and when you see the whole range of banners and placards in the crowd with various conspiracy theories on, tart it up if you like, they ARE conspiracy theorists

Edited by melthebell

28 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It's very simple- you asked how much the death rate could rise without another lockdown [or words to that effect]; you probably expected answers like '1,200 deaths a day'; I gave '38?'- as an answer.

I stand by the original 34 as being the number of deaths on the day in question [today it is still at 34 by the way].

'38?' was my reply to your question of deaths in the future [without lockdown]- I posted it to counter the potential guesses in the hundreds and thousands that others on this thread would likely to estimate it to be [with no evidence].

I'm hardly going to get confused over the numbers given that I'm the one who posted the link to them in the first place, am I?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.236249604.408135901.1600762121-201961966.1585217610

I can asure you, I am VERY familiar with how the majority on Sheffield forum deal with anyone with differing views :)

By the way- good to have a couple of others on here who can see through the mass hysteria currently happening- we need more non-compliers to stand up and object.

You can stand up and object. Providing it's done whilst social distancing

2 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

Can we please stop using that idiotic phrase social distancing.

It's anti social distancing. 

In general we are a very sociable species

The phrase makes perfect sense. People are distancing themselves from regular social events/contact...or should be. Hence Social Distancing.

I'll keep using it whilstever people are maintaining it.