Coronavirus - Part Two.

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Where does it say people with underlying conditions are "extremely ill"?

is it supposed to? Why?

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

is it supposed to? Why?

Because you claimed

"The vast majority of those 40,000 were in the main extremely ill and would likely have died in the very near future anyway."

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473199-coronavirus-part-two/page/110/?tab=comments#comment-8368799

37 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Because you claimed

"The vast majority of those 40,000 were in the main extremely ill and would likely have died in the very near future anyway."

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/473199-coronavirus-part-two/page/110/?tab=comments#comment-8368799

Fair point; on reflection that is not accurate. I'd say the majority were extremely ill (diabetes, heart disease etc], very old, and, a fair number of them would have died in the near future either from their health conditions, their advanced age or, whatever infectious disease they got exposed to.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Fair point; on reflection that is not accurate. I'd say the majority were extremely ill (diabetes, heart disease etc], very old, and, a fair number of them would have died in the near future either from their health conditions, their advanced age or, whatever infectious disease they got exposed to.

And your evidence is.........................................................................

32 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

That’s what you’d say.

What do the medical profession say?

Or the stats, for that matter.

I’ll give you a while to peruse this and check out your “would have died anyway” hypothesis.

https://fingertips.phe.org.uk/static-reports/mortality-surveillance/excess-mortality-in-england-week-ending-04-Sep-2020.html

Edited by Pettytom

I don’t think we should just dismiss COVID as something that just affects old people with health conditions. 
The effects of ‘long COVID’ affecting younger people are very debilitating.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

First day at work wearing a mask all day :( not going to be fun.

Been in a Premier store and a small newsagent this morning - neither assistant wearing mask.

Are we supposed to say something?

Just reading that Leeds is likely to face new restrictions from midnight in the fight against Covid-19, including a ban on households mixing, its city council leader has said.

I wonder how long it will be before it happens here in Sheffield as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/covid-19-leeds-to-face-new-lockdown-restrictions-from-midnight/ar-BB19pWcm?ocid=msedgntp

1 hour ago, RiffRaff said:

Been in a Premier store and a small newsagent this morning - neither assistant wearing mask.

Are we supposed to say something?

They might be exempt so I wouldn’t personally.

35 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Just reading that Leeds is likely to face new restrictions from midnight in the fight against Covid-19, including a ban on households mixing, its city council leader has said.

I wonder how long it will be before it happens here in Sheffield as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/covid-19-leeds-to-face-new-lockdown-restrictions-from-midnight/ar-BB19pWcm?ocid=msedgntp

I guess that will depend on how our infection rate looks compared to that of Leeds. I don't think geography alone is enough for one place to influence another.

Having said that, just like Leeds we are a large City with dense population and the addition of significant numbers of students which have recently flooded in.  

If we want to avoid it - let's just hope us Sheffield folk are more sensible and compliant to the rules than those up in West Yorkshire. 

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

First day at work wearing a mask all day :( not going to be fun.

You have my sympathies. I notice that all taxi drivers now also have to wear masks against their will. We live in crazy times :(