Coronavirus - Part Two.

31 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

But they are. It's killing people. And for some reason, while the authorites and media are pushing the covid infection rate rises and other terror producing stats, there is very little about the people dying from lack of access to medical care, and very little about how the coming mass unemployment will lead to abject misery, suicides and many thousands of deaths.

is that same hysteria and terror that you seem to be portraying as an anti covid arguement?

21 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Interesting to hear people say that dentists are still closed. I must have imagined going at the end of July then 🤔

And God knows where my mate (who is a dentist) has been going since the beginning of June. He says he's working but if the dentists are still closed then he must be up to something else.... 🤷‍♂️

Are they in Sheffield? Which dentists are they?

Edited by onewheeldave

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

The Dentist surgeries are only treating Emergency cases .  

1 minute ago, PRESLEY said:

The Dentist surgeries are only treating Emergency cases .  

That's what I thought, Whiteowl seemed to be saying him and his friend have been to the dentists, and he/she didn't say it was for emergency treatment.

Yes dentists are doing emergency treatment only. I imagine more and more people are going to need emergency treatment the longer that routine treatment is unavailable.

44 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

What figures do you have for toothache deaths?

Funniest post on entire thread.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

That's what I thought, Whiteowl seemed to be saying him and his friend have been to the dentists, and he/she didn't say it was for emergency treatment.

You phone your local Dentist then a recorded message gives you a Nottingham number to ring then someone  books you a phone call from your local, all a bit of a run around  :roll:

48 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

The vast majority of those 40,000 were in the main extremely ill and would likely have died in the very near future anyway.

That’s alright then.

You should write to Matt Hancock with some new policy suggestions to save NHS funds.

39 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Mines at Low Edges, I had an abcess - is that classed as an emergency? I'm no expert on these things

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

I was stunned earlier this week to find out that dental surgeries are STILL shut. 

Which is blatently not true.

32 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No, I said my friend is a dentist - he's based in Mansfield and very much open and have been since 8th June I think.

Edited by whiteowl
typo

4 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

Mines at Low Edges, I had an abcess - is that classed as an emergency? I'm no expert on these things

Which is blatently not true.

No, I said my friend is a dentist - he's based in Mansfield and very much open and have been since 8th June I think.

My dentist is open. It’s not easy to get an appointment, but they are certainly open

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

That’s alright then.

You should write to Matt Hancock with some new policy suggestions to save NHS funds.

That was not the point being made and you know it. Emotive responses like that are just fuel for derailing this thread.

Any death is tragic. However, the important question to be asked is should the deaths of 40,000 people, significant numbers of whom already had underlying conditions or other causes for their fatalities be sufficient grounds for causing widespread disruption, catastrophic effects to economy and in some cases risking death from other causes to the wider population.

Alarming as the alleged covid related death rate is.... thinking bigger picture it is still insignificant compared to the numbers of the national population. 

As others have pointed out it is all well and good the news, governments and every talking head focusing on the big scary numbers of covid infections but what no-one is talking about is how hard lockdowns, economic damage and cancelling other health services has potential to lead to severe damage or even risk death for everybody else.

Where exactly does the line get drawn.  41,862 dead looks scary.  0.06% dead doesn't.  

Anyone can cherry-pick numbers in headlines to make them look dramatic.  On the other hand its not wholly unreasonable to see why SOME people think there is a lot knee-jerk heavy handed reaction to try and find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist

Edited by ECCOnoob

50 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

45 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

My dentist is open. It’s not easy to get an appointment, but they are certainly open

So they're basically 'open' for emergency treatment only?