Coronavirus - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I hope you and Dave have a nice time at the rally.

I won't be going, but I will at least listen to what they have to say. Listening to different viewpoints is called getting a rounded perspective.

11 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

No, it wasn’t a link to a video.

I think you are underestimating or deliberately ignoring the level of lunacy of We Do Not Consent.

Again, I was referring to the link to the rally provided by meltthe ball, I can't comment on the other link unless someone can tell me where it is.

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

I won't be going, but I will at least listen to what they have to say. Listening to different viewpoints is called getting a rounded perspective.

Who is “they?”

The ones who deny the disease even exists?  The ones who don’t but say it’s not a pandemic?  The ones who say it’s all 5G?

8 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Now that IS misrepresenting me- I've no intention of attending the rally, nor do I agree with all the views of those who will attend, I'm simply against the aspects of the measures that are causing more harm than good, and, those that are damaging legitimate civil liberties.

No, it was sarcasm.

2 hours ago, onewheeldave said:

and, those that are damaging legitimate civil liberties.

having to wear a mask and leave the pub at 10pm is far from infringing on civil liberties

1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Who is “they?”

The ones who deny the disease even exists?  The ones who don’t but say it’s not a pandemic?  The ones who say it’s all 5G?

There are many out there who know covid is real [though considerably less harmful then the current hysteria is stating], who don't buy into the 5G stuff, who are in no way conspiracy theorists- just normal folk who realise the coming mass unemployment, mental health issues, damage to their growing children etc, etc, far outweigh any positive aspects of these lockdowns.

26 minutes ago, melthebell said:

having to wear a mask and leave the pub at 10pm is far from infringing on civil liberties

Actually, being forced to wear a mask against your will is infringing on civil liberties. But it goes far beyond that- excessive and irrational measures have, and will continue to lead to massive unemployment- losing your job/career for no good reason is a major assault on civil liberty.

As is not being able to access essential and vital medical treatment- many patients with cancer are going to die as a result of that. 

I was stunned earlier this week to find out that dental surgeries are STILL shut. 

That's just a few examples- I don't have time to list all the harm that is being done by this lockdown hysteria; sadly, all most people on this thread seem to take into account is infection rates and past deaths attributed to covid.

Current daily death rate in the UK is 37-

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.138660150.408135901.1600762121-201961966.1585217610

and the coming deaths from mental illness, mass unemployment, wrecked education have not really started, but are almost certain to outnumber any lives saved by the lockdown and covid measures.

41 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I'm sure the same argument was used in Germany last century- 'having to wear a little armband is far from infringing on civil liberties; it's just an armband!'

Look at what that led to.

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

There are many out there who know covid is real [though considerably less harmful then the current hysteria is stating], who don't buy into the 5G stuff, who are in no way conspiracy theorists- just normal folk who realise the coming mass unemployment, mental health issues, damage to their growing children etc, etc, far outweigh any positive aspects of these lockdowns.

Actually, being forced to wear a mask against your will is infringing on civil liberties. But it goes far beyond that- excessive and irrational measures have, and will continue to lead to massive unemployment- losing your job/career for no good reason is a major assault on civil liberty.

As is not being able to access essential and vital medical treatment- many patients with cancer are going to die as a result of that. 

I was stunned earlier this week to find out that dental surgeries are STILL shut. 

That's just a few examples- I don't have time to list all the harm that is being done by this lockdown hysteria; sadly, all most people on this thread seem to take into account is infection rates and past deaths attributed to covid.

Current daily death rate in the UK is 37-

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/?_ga=2.138660150.408135901.1600762121-201961966.1585217610

and the coming deaths from mental illness, mass unemployment, wrecked education have not really started, but are almost certain to outnumber any lives saved by the lockdown and covid measures.

you need to get a grip on reality, its happening, its not great, we are suffering, we are all getting by best we can, life isnt back to normal but its better than it was for most, its NOT a global conspiracy to make people lose their jobs, get less medical help, kill people off. In fact ALL governments would prefer we did have jobs, that functioned 100% all the time to make them the money they have been accustomed to

9 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

I’m sure the same argument was used in Germany last century- 'having to wear a little armband is far from infringing on civil liberties; it's just an armband!'

Look at what that led to.

Godwin’s Klaxon.

No point in further discussion.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

Just now, melthebell said:

you need to get a grip on reality, its happening, its not great, we are suffering, we are all getting by best we can, life isnt back to normal but its better than it was for most, its NOT a global conspiracy to make people lose their jobs, get less medical help, kill people off. In fact ALL governments would prefer we did have jobs, that functioned 100% all the time to make them the money they have been accustomed to

You need to get a grip on reality- stop misrepresenting what people are actually saying.

The majority of those who are anti-lockdown hysteria do not believe there is a global conspiracy to make people lose their jobs, get less medical help, kill people off- they simply know that there is a hysterical over-reaction to a virus which is leading to people losing their jobs, not getting essential medical help and will cause many unecessary deaths.

I really can’t be bothered to quote all the silliness up there that I’d need to, so take this as a reply to all the “sceptics”

Covid infections have tripled this week. Hospital admissions have tripled this week. Average daily deaths have tripled this week.

Wash your hands. Cover your face. Keep your distance.

And cross your fingers and toes because this could get very serious.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

You need to get a grip on reality- stop misrepresenting what people are actually saying.

The majority of those who are anti-lockdown hysteria do not believe there is a global conspiracy to make people lose their jobs, get less medical help, kill people off- they simply know that there is a hysterical over-reaction to a virus which is leading to people losing their jobs, not getting essential medical help and will cause many unecessary deaths.

and IF deaths continue to rise? do we just ignore it? how many deaths before we agree its back on the rise? 100? 200? 3000? 4000? tbf to the government (who i hate with a passion) the ONLY thing they did right was to protect peoples jobs and livelihoods best they could.

I do agree that dentists and drs surgeries etc SHOULDNT be stopping people accessing surgeries when they need, they are a close contact job and so should take the risk to stay open and functioning. at the end of the day im working (its in close customer proximity, and also catch the bus to get there which again is in close customer proximity), if i can do it then so can they.

16 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Actually, being forced to wear a mask against your will is infringing on civil liberties.

and no it isnt, its for a good reason, same as having a job that means you need to wear PPE or a motorbike helmet, you might not like it but you wear it because you have to, if you dont you get sacked...or in the bikes case, arrested