Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

I didn't say my life didn't suck, I said life it self needn't suck even with this dreadful virus running rampant around the world.

Coriv doesn't care what you used to do before it showed its ugly head.

Its not bothered you used to like a drink, go to the football or for all those that have died from it catching it while at their place of work,

even if they previously enjoyed the company of their work mates and the job itself, It just doesn't care.

I certainly haven't said there is anything 'Trivial' about the present situation we are ALL in and if people can't get this in their heads and adjust accordingly we will see further cases and deaths.

The attitude of 'Because we used to do something' its still alright to do it now is not only flawed but a dangerous one.

Keep safe - adjust.   

Enforce your own restrictions.

Well said - my own thoughts entirely.

Far too much whinging and moaning instead of doing whatever is sensible to live with it until such time as science provides an answer.

They say we came close to a nuclear war last year so it makes me wonder how the whingers would cope with that.

A lot of the human race have had it so easy in recent years that they have gone soft.

My respect is for past generations who showed us how to behave in times of hardship.

Moving on. It looks like some vaccines  will be in a multi-dose format.

The person being vaccinated needs to be sure that both doses come from the same manufacturer. If the first comes from Moderna, then the second  must also come from Moderna, and not from Pfizer or Astra-Zeneca.

That way the doses can augment each other and not get into conflict--or worse, be inactive.

Something to keep in mind -when that day arrives.

Has the post inquiring about the London,"Covid is Fake " demo been taken down?

Edited by petemcewan

1 hour ago, petemcewan said:

The person being vaccinated needs to be sure that both doses come from the same manufacturer. If the first comes from Moderna, then the second  must also come from Moderna, and not from Pfizer or Astra-Zeneca.

That way the doses can augment each other and not get into conflict--or worse, be inactive.

you mean mine? its still here,

1 hour ago, petemcewan said:

It's not a "Covid is Fake " demo- it's a demo against erosion of civil liberties and the harm done by the lockdown.

If you have confidence in your point of view, misrepresenting the beliefs of the opposition makes it look like you can't back up your views with reason.

Mellthebell

No it wasn't yours I was referring too .

It was a post about wanting  to pay for a ride to a demo in London.

Real Mac33 type stuff. 

It looks like it has been taken down.

10 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It's not a "Covid is Fake " demo- it's a demo against erosion of civil liberties and the harm done by the lockdown.

If you have confidence in your point of view, misrepresenting the beliefs of the opposition makes it look like you can't back up your views with reason.

The We Do No Consent link that the user sent contains the words “end the fake pandemic.”

Do you stand by what you just wrote?

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

The We Do No Consent link that the user sent contains the words “end the fake pandemic.”

Do you stand by what you just wrote?

It's a link to a video?

The rally is titled "we do not consent", it's meant to be a gathering/demo of individuals who are objecting to some of the lockdown measures, as they are an attack on civil liberties, and, causing a great deal of harm which is not being properly taken into account.

It will attract a variety of people, including some who deny the existence of covid- but the majority of attendees will know that covid does exist- they just believe it is not suffuciently serious to justify the harms of the lockdown/mask compulsion etc.

Some may well acknowledge covid exists, but deny that it is a 'pandemic'.

Onewheeldave.

It's not my intention one iota to misrepresent anybody's view.

I have every confidence in my own points of view and my ability to 

present them in a reasoned and thoughtful manner.

It appears that you must have read the Post and formed your own opinion -which you are fully entitled to do.

By extending my alleged misrepresentation to an inability to "back up "my views, is cheap.

As we cannot find the Thread  I'm going to leave it at that.

Just now, onewheeldave said:

It's a link to a video?

The rally is titled "we do not consent", it's meant to be a gathering/demo of individuals who are objecting to some of the lockdown measures, as they are an attack on civil liberties, and, causing a great deal of harm which is not being properly taken into account.

It will attract a variety of people, including some who deny the existence of covid- but the majority of attendees will know that covid does exist- they just believe it is not suffuciently serious to justify the harms of the lockdown/mask compulsion etc.

Some may well acknowledge covid exists, but deny that it is a 'pandemic'.

No, it wasn’t a link to a video.

I think you are underestimating or deliberately ignoring the level of lunacy of We Do Not Consent.

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

No, it wasn’t a link to a video.

I think you are underestimating or deliberately ignoring the level of lunacy of We Do Not Consent.

There is a fair amount of 'lunacy' going round in all directions, including some of the current measures that Boris has put in place, so I wouldn't just dismiss the 'We do not consent' brigade. They too have their point of view and some of it makes sense.

Just now, Anna B said:

There is a fair amount of 'lunacy' going round in all directions, including some of the current measures that Boris has put in place, so I wouldn't just dismiss the 'We do not consent' brigade. They too have their point of view and some of it makes sense.

I hope you and Dave have a nice time at the rally.

6 minutes ago, petemcewan said:

Onewheeldave.

It's not my intention one iota to misrepresent anybody's view.

I have every confidence in my own points of view and my ability to 

present them in a reasoned and thoughtful manner.

It appears that you must have read the Post and formed your own opinion -which you are fully entitled to do.

By extending my alleged misrepresentation to an inability to "back up "my views, is cheap.

As we cannot find the Thread  I'm going to leave it at that.

No you're right- I assumed the link in question was that provided by melttheball in the post following yours, and what I said was based on that.

You're saying the link you meant was a different link, so I withdraw my statement that you were misrepresenting, and apologise for my misunderstanding.

1 minute ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I hope you and Dave have a nice time at the rally.

Now that IS misrepresenting me- I've no intention of attending the rally, nor do I agree with all the views of those who will attend, I'm simply against the aspects of the measures that are causing more harm than good, and, those that are damaging legitimate civil liberties.