Coronavirus - Part Two.

20 minutes ago, melthebell said:

That seems to count for the civil liberties / conspiracy theorists too, its constant whinging, whining and emotional bickering

Talking of conspiracy theorists, looks like theres another demo on saturday, seems they are the new EDL out on a saturday for a jolly.

can anybody watch this and then tell me (in laymans terms) what the control is? how its being concocted worldwide, what the end game is, what he said 25 years ago?

seems im too thick to know or notice

I do like a good conspiracy theory. I haven't watched that video but if it's about controlling the population this is nothing new. 

I believe the theory is based purely on fear. If the powers that be and the media keep the masses terrified they ultimately control them and so can get away with whatever they wish. I think in the long run it's pretty crack pot, however you can see the reasoning. How many times over the last 20 years has WW3 been in the news. ISIS or DPRK are a threat every year or two, it just cycles round. Russia are probably due at some point soon but we're busy with the virus. 

I've heard people say "if they can get us to wear masks. What next?" So I assume that's where the video is coming from

17 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

I do like a good conspiracy theory. I haven't watched that video but if it's about controlling the population this is nothing new. 

I believe the theory is based purely on fear. If the powers that be and the media keep the masses terrified they ultimately control them and so can get away with whatever they wish. I think in the long run it's pretty crack pot, however you can see the reasoning. How many times over the last 20 years has WW3 been in the news. ISIS or DPRK are a threat every year or two, it just cycles round. Russia are probably due at some point soon but we're busy with the virus. 

I've heard people say "if they can get us to wear masks. What next?" So I assume that's where the video is coming from

yeah suppose, makes sense, still complete bobbar though, it never popped up when we were forced to pay for plastic bags, picking up dog poo, wearing seatbelts or helmets on motorbikes though Oo

damn elites controlling us making us pick up our own dogs poo

20 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Sheffield Wednesday owe me for part of last year’s season tickets and probably all of this season. A sum of well over £1000, so I fully get the sport thing. I miss it, but there are bigger things at stake.

Pubs are fine though. I’m happy to see the end of the scrum at the bar. Good pubs will make it through this.

I still don’t see the issue with wearing a mask and keeping apart. It’s easy, it works and it will hasten our route back to normality.

The question wasn't "what applies to you?" Which is exactly what I was talking about. You only seem fussed about what impacts you. 

The ramifications of closing down the hospitality sector are massive, especially a second time as they were attempting to recoup some of their losses. This is same in all businesses, the furlough scheme is the only thing that has kept a lot of business open. 'Good pubs' again only apply to you, and I'm pretty certain you're talking about good old fashioned locals. Who will be the first to go, they're already on the way out, the owners lose, the staff lose, the public lose. The pubs that will survive are your big corporate ones, but that won't be without heavy job losses - that applies throughout the sector.

Putting a mask on is all well and good, but you know the arguments against them and you can not control 100% of the population. 

19 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

The question wasn't "what applies to you?" Which is exactly what I was talking about. You only seem fussed about what impacts you. 

The ramifications of closing down the hospitality sector are massive, especially a second time as they were attempting to recoup some of their losses. This is same in all businesses, the furlough scheme is the only thing that has kept a lot of business open. 'Good pubs' again only apply to you, and I'm pretty certain you're talking about good old fashioned locals. Who will be the first to go, they're already on the way out, the owners lose, the staff lose, the public lose. The pubs that will survive are your big corporate ones, but that won't be without heavy job losses - that applies throughout the sector.

Putting a mask on is all well and good, but you know the arguments against them and you can not control 100% of the population. 

I’m not really focussed on me, if I was I’d not be wearing a mask when I go out, for a start. The anti-maskers are the narcissists, the self-obsessed and the cause of many of the problems we now quite clearly have.

Feel free to over-analyse my posts if you wish. Feel free to ascribe attitudes and opinions to me that are incorrect.

However, get your face cover on, keep your distance, encourage all of your so called mates to do the same. Then we might have pubs, football and live performances at the end of all of this.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

can anybody watch this and then tell me (in laymans terms) what the control is? how its being concocted worldwide, what the end game is, what he said 25 years ago?

seems im too thick to know or notice

Good old David Icke. Fascists Lizards are after your freedom - take care.

Don't worry about Coriv its not real its a fictious world wide plot to rob you of your freedom.

Rocker - fick as old engine oil.

14 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

The ramifications of closing down the hospitality sector are massive, especially a second time as they were attempting to recoup some of their losses. 

Shame those of the 40,000 + who have died can't recoup their loss.

Keep safe

let your own common sense rule.

Looks like the England and Wales contact tracing app launches tomorrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54250736

It has some interesting features, including (copying and pasting from above article) :

• a venue check-in barcode scanner
  • a postcode-based risk-level checker
  • a symptoms-reporter tool
  • the means to order a coronavirus test and receive its results
  • a countdown timer to keep track of how long to stay in self-isolation
  • a guide to the latest advice on local restrictions, financial support and other related information

Reading the article, it sounds ok - if it works😂

19 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

It has some interesting features, including (copying and pasting from above article) :

• a guide to the latest advice on local restrictions, financial support and other related information

Whiplash Mr BoShambles - in the end did we create our own world-beating app?

Not in the least - we use the one that is being offered by Google and Apple - like the rest of Europe (except they started months ago).

How many lives have been lost because of his lack of knowledge and unwillingness to admit he was wrong???

He is really a waste of space and should go for his mismanagement of the Covid-19 pandemic and the number of people that have died through his ineptitude.

2 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

So do I Anna.

Life doesn't suck its just different & once thats been accepted we can cope with what normality will be.

Me and her that should be obeyed have our mindsets adjusted to the present conditions which is good.

(i've even been found in't kitchen washing pots - but don't tell any one)

Keep safe.

Sorry, but just because your life doesn't suck, doesn't mean others aren't struggling massively, both mentally and financially.

This new normal you seem so accepting of, with its huge unemployment issues in the entertainment, arts, sports and hospitality sectors, definitely sucks.

I'm just a user and lover of all the above. Imagine if your livelihood depended on it? Imagine thats what was supporting your family? Not so trivial, as you described it earlier.

Edited by Bargepole23

41 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

OK - only a quick scan of the article but I the section "how the algorithm calculates when to send an alert" confusing.

It states that encounters with the same person are added up over a day and an alert is sent if 900+ points scored if one of you later tests positive.

But what if you encounter a dozen different people  who later test positive at  under 2m for 5 minutes?

Edited by Longcol

3 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

So being in the RAC exempts you from having to Rush home to wash yer dinner down with 4 cans of Special Brew !

Come on - 'limiting late night drinking'? the kids haven't twigged it really means starting an hour earlier.

Of course and I agree but presumably that is the rationale behind it.

11 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Sorry, but just because your life doesn't suck, doesn't mean others aren't struggling massively, both mentally and financially.

This new normal you seem so accepting of, with its huge unemployment issues in the entertainment, arts, sports and hospitality sectors, definitely sucks.

I'm just a user and lover of all the above. Imagine if your livelihood depended on it? Imagine thats what was supporting your family? Not so trivial, as you described it earlier.

I didn't say my life didn't suck, I said life it self needn't suck even with this dreadful virus running rampant around the world.

Coriv doesn't care what you used to do before it showed its ugly head.

Its not bothered you used to like a drink, go to the football or for all those that have died from it catching it while at their place of work,

even if they previously enjoyed the company of their work mates and the job itself, It just doesn't care.

I certainly haven't said there is anything 'Trivial' about the present situation we are ALL in and if people can't get this in their heads and adjust accordingly we will see further cases and deaths.

The attitude of 'Because we used to do something' its still alright to do it now is not only flawed but a dangerous one.

Keep safe - adjust.   

Enforce your own restrictions.