Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

God you lot argue some crap

:hihi: Love it, must admit its been very petty and pedantic recently.

21 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

.... Add that to the fines for ignoring self-isolation, and the ability to report people for lock-down breaches, and you should see a big effect on attitudes.

I'm not sure you would to be honest. Handing out £10,000 fines to people who may not be working because they have lost their job as a result of lockdown is a bit daft and the rule of 6 is daft. A lot of people are not happy about the draconian laws designed to control the masses either and wanting people to snitch on each other. It may be years yet before an effective vaccine is produced and it may also take years to evaluate its long term efficacy. If this is similar to the flu then it also means having jabs every year. Herd immunity may still be the answer and maybe letting the infection numbers grow in a controlled way would be better than having national lockdowns and laws in place for many years.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I'm not sure you would to be honest. Handing out £10,000 fines to people who may not be working because they have lost their job as a result of lockdown is a bit daft and the rule of 6 is daft. A lot of people are not happy about the draconian laws designed to control the masses either and wanting people to snitch on each other. It may be years yet before an effective vaccine is produced and it may also take years to evaluate its long term efficacy. If this is similar to the flu then it also means having jabs every year. Herd immunity may still be the answer and maybe letting the infection numbers grow in a controlled way would be better than having national lockdowns and laws in place for many years.

There's not even any concrete evidence that you're immune after having it yet, and if it's clever, which it supposedly is, it may mutate faster than others

I hope the volunteering which was on a massive scale in Sheffield and across the Uk during Covid1, can happen again, but times are different, for example, a number will now be unemployed, and the DWP does not allow 'freelance' volunteering.

So from this Thursday, all pubs, bars & restaurants will close at 10pm.  Clearly a move not to fully hit the hospitality sector & avoid fully flattening this section of the economy. 

Yes people may go out a little earlier but it will put restrictions on  late night hospitality businesses, perhaps designed to stop the younger, more socially active end of the population from formally gathering, especially when coupled with restrictions on the numbers allowed to gather & be in your social bubble, increased fines, social distancing & having to be seated in drinking establishments. 

Well its clear that although the Govt has tried to treat the population as adults, its beyond a minority of the population, so they'll have to suffer along with the majority now. 

Edited by Baron99

I do feel for the younger generation who are having their social life (I can remember how important that was) curtailed when the virus doesn’t badly affect the majority of them. The students are returning and are having largely IT based tuition but still face the same fees. School kids have lost months of education and face losing more if anyone in their bubble becomes infected and can’t do many of their normal social activities. All this and being blamed for the current rise in infection and having the responsibility ‘not to kill your granny’ 

I think we may be facing a big demand for the already stretched young people’s mental health services 

9 hours ago, catmiss said:

I do feel for the younger generation who are having their social life (I can remember how important that was) curtailed when the virus doesn’t badly affect the majority of them. The students are returning and are having largely IT based tuition but still face the same fees. School kids have lost months of education and face losing more if anyone in their bubble becomes infected and can’t do many of their normal social activities. All this and being blamed for the current rise in infection and having the responsibility ‘not to kill your granny’ 

I think we may be facing a big demand for the already stretched young people’s mental health services 

Ah diddums

10 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Deaths in the UK have now dropped from 27 to 11

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Problem solved then.

Let's have Glasto next week!

15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Ah diddums

Come on Mel, you can do better than that.  Catmiss raised some valid points.

19 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Deaths in the UK have now dropped from 27 to 11

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

It's a long established FACT, mentioned on here & on BBC /  ITV news etc, that Monday's figures are always lower due to information being received / recorded over the weekend.  The figures take additional time to filter through. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Problem solved then.

Let's have Glasto next week!

Come on Mel, you can do better than that.  Catmiss raised some valid points.

Getting ****** and having a fight on a Friday and Saturday night is a tradition for a lot, maybe that should be encouraged too?

12 hours ago, catmiss said:

The young ones of today have never had it so good.

In my time, they were called up for National Service and that curtailed your social life too.

Remember how many 18 year olds were sent off to die on foreign battlefields.

All they are asked to do now, is go for a drink whilst observing the distancing rules etc and make a bit of effort to keep us ALL healthy.

If that's too much to ask, then our young people show up badly against those of the past.

I echo Mel's post and also say "Ah diddums"