Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

In addition to the recently mentioned highly negative consequences of lockdown [especially a new lockdown now that deaths are so very, very low] 

And soon to climb rapidly now that infections are increasing exponentially.

7 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

there is also the issue of selling our civil liberties down the river- do you want the kind of regime that China has to become the global norm?

We didn't have the "liberty" of avoiding the blackout in the blitz.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

And soon to climb rapidly now that infections are increasing exponentially.

We'll see. I'm betting they won't get that high.

4 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

They might not given that the majority of people are now very wary. If we went back to pre-lockdown behaviour they certainly would.

Edited by Longcol

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

you know it must be great being a conspiracy theorist, things are so easy, so basic, so simple, no thinking involved apart from a very small bit. 

The main reason we dont have the infections, the deaths, and a lock down now, is because we had a lockdown, the reason why its generally been kept in chack is from mask wearing, handwashing and social distancing.

The reason its going up is people not wearing masks, not social distancing, meeting in large groups and the masses going out, congregating. Until there is a vaccine thats the main issues.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

you know it must be great being a conspiracy theorist, things are so easy, so basic, so simple, no thinking involved apart from a very small bit. 

I wouldn't know, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. 

It also doesn't take much thinking to knee jerkedly label anyone who disagrees with aspects of the covid measures a conspiracy theorist. Just another form of ad hominem attack, and we know what that implies.

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

I wouldn't know, I'm not a conspiracy theorist. 

It also doesn't take much thinking to knee jerkedly label anyone who disagrees with aspects of the covid measures a conspiracy theorist. Just another form of ad hominem attack, and we know what that implies.

and the rest of my post?

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The main reason we dont have the infections, the deaths, and a lock down now, is because we had a lockdown,

We do have the infections actually, just not the deaths. 

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

not like post lockdown, and why dont we have the deaths?

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The reason its going up is people not wearing masks, not social distancing, meeting in large groups and the masses going out, congregating. Until there is a vaccine thats the main issues.

Just infections going up, deaths are low. Possibly one reason more people are congregating is that they are aware that deaths are very low?

Just now, onewheeldave said:

Nothing like in March / April.............remember we were only really testing hospital admissions then - we're testing a far greater proportion of the population these days - not enough - but far greater so it appears the number of infections is similar.

You do know it's not the sniffles ,I take it?

Last I saw up to 20 percent with Covid had to have a hospital visit,and plenty who are admitted have permanent lung damage for rest of thier life,at enormous cost 

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not like post lockdown, and why dont we have the deaths?

Coronavirus mainly kills the vulnerable, who made up the majority of fatalities during the first wave, so there are now less people who are vulnerable, therefore less deaths. Maybe also the virus is mutating to something less serious, that does happen with viruses.