Coronavirus - Part Two.

25 minutes ago, apelike said:

Blame it on the press and social media for hyping what was a small problem to scaring people into mass panic so that one and all are now demanding a test! It seems that the demand for tests by under 17's has also doubled according to the head of NHS Test and Trace Baroness Harding.

Its complete chaos, :roll:

5 hours ago, Easy livin said:

I am struggling to  believe that there as still people that think this thing is even a tiny bit as dangerous as the media brainwashing has said it is.

if your not already  very ill.  the  chance of  death from Covid - 19 is miniscule.   
teeny
not very much

etc

I think you're getting "underlying condition" (which about 95% of covid fatalities have) and "at deaths door" mixed up.

A study by Glasgow University found people who died of covid-19 with an underlying condition could have expected to live on average an additional ten years.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/study-finds-that-people-who-have-coronavirus-could-die-10-years-early-2020-5

12 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

Could.

A great word

Like. Might.

I am sure there are legions of care home deaths who had ten years ahead of them.

My parents both died in a care home in 2013 and 2014 respectively. I am still in touch with a number of residents who knew my parents.

When I worked for a housing charity we had people living in care homes for years.

Nursing homes - now they did have a much higher morbitity rate.

And of course only about half the covid-19 deaths have been in care homes.

Edited by Longcol

10 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

Could.

A great word

Like. Might.

I am sure there are legions of care home deaths who had ten years ahead of them.

I’m beginning to understand how someone of your intelligence might believe that they’ve seen through a great media hoax.

https://vimeo.com/456871618/a8dad6117c

I’ve done an antibody research test today for NHS Imperial College to see if I have had Covid.  After doing the blood test I fully expected the result to show negative but it didn’t the result was positive.  

If I have had the virus then I’ve no idea when.  On the questionnaire form I was asked if I had shortage of breath, sore throat, lost my taste and various other things, I had to say no to all of them.

I don’t know what to think about any of it at the moment, is the government over reacting, 
or am I one of the lucky ones?

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

I don’t know what to think about any of it at the moment, is the government over reacting, 
or am I one of the lucky ones?

The whole world is over reacting not just this government and the governments of this world are causing unnecessary economic damage that will take many years to recover from. People moan when austerity is ever mentioned but seem very complacent about what this will do and seem happy to accept it. Think austerity x 10 and you will probably understand where we are heading at the moment. We should be calling this a covid panic and not pandemic and I think some are now waking up to that fact.

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

The whole world is over reacting not just this government and the governments of this world are causing unnecessary economic damage that will take many years to recover from. People moan when austerity is ever mentioned but seem very complacent about what this will do and seem happy to accept it. Think austerity x 10 and you will probably understand where we are heading at the moment. We should be calling this a covid panic and not pandemic and I think some are now waking up to that fact.

Presumably you would have called the blitz a "bombing panic".

https://fullfact.org/online/deaths-coronavirus-blitz/

7 hours ago, Easy livin said:

I am struggling to  believe that there as still people that think this thing is even a tiny bit as dangerous as the media brainwashing has said it is.

if your not already  very ill.  the  chance of  death from Covid - 19 is miniscule.   
teeny
not very much

etc

I have an ‘underlying health condition’ - a lung disease which, thanks to years of care by the NHS is well controlled allowing me to work for 50 years and live an active life in retirement. About twice a year I’m knocked off my feet by the common cold causing chest infection and occasional pneumonia. I’m not at deaths door but Covid 19 would probably send me through it thereby shortening my life by several years. My demise at my age , 66 ,might not shake your argument but there are thousands of young people living full working, social and family lives and not categorised as ‘very ill’ who have the same or other health issues which render them very susceptible to the virus. 

2 minutes ago, Easy livin said:

4th word in that article.

probably.

Meaning.  What follows is guesswork.

Makes a mockery of the domain name.

Read the article instead of indulging in pedantry. The "probably" is to qualify the fact we can't be exactly sure of deaths in the blitz or by covid 19.

Or better still find something that show deaths in the blitz were higher than covid deaths

1 hour ago, Easy livin said:

Could.

A great word

Like. Might.

Almost as good as the word "chance" which Longcol was quoting you on, if you want to be pedantic. 

Just now, Easy livin said:

We can't be sure of covid deaths because the test used is flawed. Because lots of death certificates are for people to had no test after death, and because the methods of counting have been shown to be faulty.

How about this for an idea.

You believe what you want.

I will believe what I want 

And in ten yrs time we can look at what is known then and see which of us are right.

Tests weren't available at the time outside hospitals - but they're not included in the official NHS figures although are in the ONS stats.

Believe what you want and come back in ten years 😎