Coronavirus - Part Two.

16 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I would have thought it's very obvious. It's to give people time to adapt to the new rules. To finalise any exemptions or conflicts. To give businesses time to change any of their bookings or procedures or operations.

In other words, accommodating and responding to the barrage of complaints the government got last time they introduced a sudden rule change without sufficient notice which caught people out and everyone kicked off about. 

Seriously, who would be a politician these days.

Damned if you do damned if you don't..... doesn't even come close to what they face with this bunch of know-it-all public and their bloodthirsty media outlet supporters.

The Virus doesn't care about time to change bookings or loss of trade/ income ect,  stuff that old chestnut, your hero Boris needs to stop dithering and dilly dallying,  lives matter not bookings, :loopy:

1 hour ago, altus said:

Piers is a full on conspiracy theorist hanging out with people such as David Icke - Anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine and anti-mask protesters crowd London's Trafalgar Square. He's already been handed a £10,000 fine for his part in that demonstration in London.

Yeah, seems completely bonkers. Educated, but bonkers.

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Not that old chesnut its  only wednesday, my god there is enough media to get  the message out,  infact its been on the National news since last Saturday and every day since about the ban commencing at some stage,  dont worry Im not having a chip at this Goverment, Im on about the matter in hand, I would react the same  if Starmer was in power dropping clanger after clanger,  U turn after U turn, Laura kunesburge has just put Boris in his place for all this messing people about.  

Certainly can't speak for anyone but myself but I've had a complete media black out because of Covid. 

I got so sick and tired of the constant barrage if information every single hour, I stopped reading news sites and I don't have much social media, honestly the first I heard of this restriction was from a colleague. I mean I don't particularly see why people right now need to gather in groups of more than a few but again this is just me. 

If I'm being honest the most entertaining thing to come from this year has been these threads. Personally I'm far happier going about my businesses without reading the daily terror briefing from any news site. 

46 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Certainly can't speak for anyone but myself but I've had a complete media black out because of Covid. 

I got so sick and tired of the constant barrage if information every single hour, I stopped reading news sites and I don't have much social media, honestly the first I heard of this restriction was from a colleague. I mean I don't particularly see why people right now need to gather in groups of more than a few but again this is just me. 

If I'm being honest the most entertaining thing to come from this year has been these threads. Personally I'm far happier going about my businesses without reading the daily terror briefing from any news site. 

I agree fully about the constant,  pardon the pun over kill,  but I limit my self to a media type diet, lol,  I catch the breakfast news for as long as can bear it,(10mins max) then the Six o clock news for about the same  length of time to get a jist of the headlines, main topic up dates,in other words keeping up to date with info on local lock downs ect and special orders from Boris's Kremlin in which the majority of people choose to  ingnore mainly due to total confusion,  after watching the mentioned News reports I find the Forum is the best place to look because  of all the Goverment created confusion , it  is usually Ironed out by Posters and Mods, (not after any Brownie points)  just my personal daily system which could help people after watching the Dynamic Duos (Johnson and Hankcocks)  daily Covid briefing which leaves vast amounts of heads spinning,  them two mentioned  are the reason for Supermarkets ect running out of Paracetomol.  :gag:

Many years ago, there was an excellent sit-com called "Heartburn Hotel", in which Tim Healy played the hotel manager trying to sort out all kinds of problems with an insane variety of weird guests.  His catch-phrase when all about him was chaotic was "It's  a game, It's a game", while looking shell-shocked.

Regularly I recall that catch-phrase when I watch the News these days!

9 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I agree fully about the constant,  pardon the pun over kill,  but I limit my self to a media type diet, lol,  I catch the breakfast news for as long as can bear it,(10mins max) then the Six o clock news for about the same  length of time to get a jist of the headlines, main topic up dates,in other words keeping up to date with info on local lock downs ect and special orders from Boris's Kremlin in which the majority of people choose to  ingnore mainly due to total confusion,  after watching the mentioned News reports I find the Forum is the best place to look because  of all the Goverment created confusion , it  is usually Ironed out by Posters and Mods, (not after any Brownie points)  just my personal daily system which could help people after watching the Dynamic Duos (Johnson and Hankcocks)  daily Covid briefing which leaves vast amounts of heads spinning,  them two mentioned  are the reason for Supermarkets ect running out of Paracetomol.  :gag:

I have at no point felt any confusion. We know the rules you tailor them to your needs. Do I need to know the travel restriction for travelling to Portugal? Not really, if I did, I would find out. 

The more you listen to the news and then read peoples opinions about it the more ridiculous it becomes. This forum seems very pro lockdown etc and massively Anti Boris/government and other forums are the opposite, I'm happy to read peoples opinions but we all, as the public have access to the same information so I will.make my mind up who I agree with. 

As a below 30 (just) male with reasonable health I fancy my chances against this and during my couple of months away from work I registered as a volunteer to pick up bits and pieces for the isolated and I'm perfectly happy to enter public spaces. Honestly? I don't think I would personally bother with a mask if that was my choice but since 'thems the rules' then I will wear one where required. Pretty easy I keep some in the car, in my bag or in my pocket 

I honestly do not think it's this hard to go about your business right now, it could certainly be easier mind. 

Herd Immunity ?

"Unachievable and Unethical . BMJ."

From what I read.

It appears that some degree of "lasting "antibody immunity is necessary to secure Herd Immunity.

https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m2728

BCG vax.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-protection-using-tuberculosis-vaccine.html

I had mine whilst at school-donkey's years ago.

Edited by petemcewan

Manston in Thanet has a recently set up  test station.

The local paper reports that a lady applied for an appointment to have a test.

She lives 10 minutes away from Manston. She was offered one in Edinburgh 470 miles away.

Not only that, the station car park was empty each time she passed

A world beating system I don't think.

No doubt we shall be seeing lots of kilt  wearing  wee wullies  in the district.

48 minutes ago, davyboy said:

She lives 10 minutes away from Manston. She was offered one in Edinburgh 470 miles away.

No doubt we shall be seeing lots of kilt  wearing  wee wullies  in the district.

So tests are available in Scotland. How are England, Wales and Scotland doing in general terms, is Scotland having fewer infections?

I think a lot of people are getting tired of this Governments response to well founded criticism and questioning of the progress so far in combating Covid.

Of course it’s a nightmare scenario but they have created and continue to create problems of their own making.

Its time for realistic and achievable targets to be set and achieved in terms of testing.

Johnsons latest  Moon shot programme seems to be just another diversion from current realities.

Hancock met with derision in the Commons today and then had a little rant about the usual naysayers.

I am afraid that they are responsible for such cynicism because of their own false promises and failures to date.

This overshadows and diminishes some good achievements ina very difficult year so far.

3 hours ago, davyboy said:

Yes I can imagine the local paper did report something like that - along with a very overdramatic headline and obligatory sad face photo of the person involved.

Who really cares? 

Its obvious to anyone with a brain that that is some kind of error on the system.   Maybe that the person involved put in the wrong postcode or maybe the postcode matches a similar one in Scotland or maybe it sounds similar to another place name or spelt with very similar letters or maybe the system was just simply mis-programmed.  These things happen.  Its clearly obvious no one is going to travel that distance for a test and if they were that bothered they would simply pick up the phone and get something resolved. Instead they chose to go running to the local rag to make a mountain out of a molehill

The constant nitpicking, finger pointing and general whinging over trivial little issues every time the government introduces something is driving me mad. Yes clearly there will be mistakes made along the way. Yes clearly there are things with hindsight would be done differently but this a constantly evolving situation and nothing will ever be perfect.

I don't know whether our system is "world beating" but clearly something is working because just look at the amount of people being recorded as infected vs the dwindling amount of deaths. Its dramatically different to those a few months ago and that can only be as a result of more people being tested more often. That's a good thing right?

IMO, just like the whole lockdown and rule changes to gatherings many of the complaints are generated by morons who won't take self-responsibility and have no ability to make their own judgements.  

I’m surprised at some of the reactions to the latest restrictions. I’m no Tory but trying to keep infection under control whilst trying to get the economy moving is not easy and we were warned some restrictions could reintroduced if infection rates rose. We’ve all seen how individuals (not only the young ) and businesses have become complacent about social distancing so I hope this latest measure gives them cause for thought. If not I think pubs and restaurants nationwide will end up like those in Bolton