Coronavirus - Part Two.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Personally, I wouldn't pick her, I'm diametrically opposed to any Tory. Bunch of self interested liars in my book.

The point I was making was about the requirement for medical qualifications to chair this rehashed organisation.

20 hours ago, petemcewan said:

Easy Livin,

That is precisely the crux of the matter.A proportion of society is being asked to make sacrifices, to protect  those who are at risk and vulnerable. The willingness to make that sacrifice ,is indicative of a morally alert individual .

Don't worry petemcewan, the rest of society is gradually taking care of maskholes.

I witnessed one in Paris week-end before last, in a newsagents, refusing to put a mask on because he was 'only nipping in' to buy a scratchcard. The guy behind the counter was calm and polite, asking him to put a mask on or leave the shop, but the customer just wouldn't leave until he was served, and getting agitated. I think you must have heard the screeching that the other waiting clients -all of them masked- all started, all the way to Sheffield!  Needless to say that customer quickly gave in and legged it, sans le scratchcrard.

And after the mass-publication of this week's TGV story, I'm pretty sure selfish contrarians are now getting very thin on the ground here. For those who didn't catch it, TGV Paris-Nimes, customer refused to wear a mask (you have to wear them permanently during the journey), train controller fined him, the customer still refused to put mask on, so train driver stopped the TGV in the middle of nowhere and dumped him out there and then (legally allowed under transport legislation) with a "good luck mate" 😂

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Don't worry petemcewan, the rest of society is gradually taking care of maskholes.

I witnessed one in Paris week-end before last, in a newsagents, refusing to put a mask on because he was 'only nipping in' to buy a scratchcard. The guy behind the counter was calm and polite, asking him to put a mask on or leave the shop, but the customer just wouldn't leave until he was served, and getting agitated. I think you must have heard the screeching that the other waiting clients -all of them masked- all started, all the way to Sheffield!  Needless to say that customer quickly gave in and legged it, sans le scratchcrard.

And after the mass-publication of this week's TGV story, I'm pretty sure selfish contrarians are now getting very thin on the ground here. For those who didn't catch it, TGV Paris-Nimes, customer refused to wear a mask (you have to wear them permanently during the journey), train controller fined him, the customer still refused to put mask on, so train driver stopped the TGV in the middle of nowhere and dumped him out there and then (legally allowed under transport legislation) with a "good luck mate" 😂

Good to hear. I particularly like the TGV incident.

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Nicely stated 😀

So are you going to shout at people who are exempt then?

People should just worry about themselves.

3 minutes ago, MuteWitness said:

Selfishness in  circumstances such as these is really rather revolting, don't you think? 

No reasonable person is going to be annoyed by someone with a genuine reason to be exempt, but I too applaud the behaviour of those cited in Loob's examples. I equally deplore the selfish arrogance of those that get arsey when they refuse to accept the need to wear a  mask on premises that require it.

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

Selfishness in  circumstances such as these is really rather revolting, don't you think? 

No reasonable person is going to be annoyed by someone with a genuine reason to be exempt, but I too applaud the behaviour of those cited in Loob's examples. I equally deplore the selfish arrogance of those that get arsey when they refuse to accept the need to wear a  mask on premises that require it.

Humans are quite selfish....some people just won't care about anyone else.  I just find it easier to protect myself as much as I can and then I won't be blaming other people.

1 hour ago, MuteWitness said:

The thing is that people wear masks to protect others. So if I object to someone not wearing a mask, I am worrying about myself.

The solution is easy though. Give exempt people a lanyard, then everyone could be expected to be wearing a mask or a lanyard.

It hasn’t been much of an issue as far as I can see, most people are wearing face coverings when they need to.

1 hour ago, MuteWitness said:

Why would people shout at exempted persons? :confused:

Hey, do you also want to know if I would shout at immuno-deficient persons, who are at risk of getting infected with life-threatening illnesses by anti-vaxxers and their progeny, rather than shout at the anti-vaxxers?

Interesting interview with Mr.Hemlock on BBC Breakfast this morning. With France suddenly deciding that office workers should start wearing masks, he was asked if the UK was considering same.

No, we're not, because the "evidence shows that most virus transmission happens in the home, not the workplace".

Well, it would, wouldn't it!

We've been staying at home!

And businesses/offices have been shut or operating on skeleton staff!

37 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Interesting interview with Mr.Hemlock on BBC Breakfast this morning. With France suddenly deciding that office workers should start wearing masks, he was asked if the UK was considering same.

No, we're not, because the "evidence shows that most virus transmission happens in the home, not the workplace".

Well, it would, wouldn't it!

We've been staying at home!

And businesses/offices have been shut or operating on skeleton staff!

He's right, that's why clusters have been popping up in people's houses, not in factories up and down the country.