Coronavirus - Part Two.

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Yes if there is a rise in infections that is affecting your community do not mix unnecessarily.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Thoughts on another national lockdown?

I think there is the same implied threat of one.  Government has passed the buck onto Councils to manage local lockdowns, with the threat that if they don't work regional ones will be brought in.  If regional ones don't work, well we'll be back to National ones.

Personally, I think that those people/groups/communities that have not followed the Government guidance so far are those who  Councils are likely to have local lockdowns imposed.  Do we really think they suddenly follow the same advice, coming from their local Council?  If they don't - yes, I think we're heading for another lockdown.

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I think there is the same implied threat of one.  Government has passed the buck onto Councils to manage local lockdowns, with the threat that if they don't work regional ones will be brought in.  If regional ones don't work, well we'll be back to National ones.

Personally, I think that those people/groups/communities that have not followed the Government guidance so far are those who  Councils are likely to have local lockdowns imposed.  Do we really think they suddenly follow the same advice, coming from their local Council?  If they don't - yes, I think we're heading for another lockdown.

I think we’ll be in national lockdown by September. I think we need one to sharpen minds, too many people think it’s all done and finished and it isn’t.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think we’ll be in national lockdown by September. I think we need one to sharpen minds, too many people think it’s all done and finished and it isn’t.

A woman from Bradford was interviewed on look north and said she would not follow any new lock down measures because she didn’t like them. 

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

A woman from Bradford was interviewed on look north and said she would not follow any new lock down measures because she didn’t like them. 

Well lets hope she was identified, and followed.  Perhaps she'll like being filmed being carted off to clink the first time she disobeys one of the new measures.  Then people can see what can happen.

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Not happening. The government will ramp up testing to three million a day capacity first. The economy and hard pressed businesses won't be able to handle another national lockdown. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well lets hope she was identified, and followed.  Perhaps she'll like being filmed being carted off to clink the first time she disobeys one of the new measures.  Then people can see what can happen.

She won't be the only one. People ignoring the original stay at home and isolate if you have symptoms of covid is why we are in this mess in the first place (less it being brought in to the country in the first place)

24 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

She won't be the only one. People ignoring the original stay at home and isolate if you have symptoms of covid is why we are in this mess in the first place (less it being brought in to the country in the first place)

That is an oversimplification.

The original symptoms were widely touted as being a new persistent cough and a temperature.These symptoms were then added to ,plus of course the realisation that many people could be completely asymptomatic and still be virus spreaders.

I heard recently that in Sheffield there are police occasionally on busses to challenge and "educate" those not wearing masks.  Assuming this is true, I would like them to pop into shops as well, if only to act as a deterrent.  I've noticed in my local supermarket almost everybody wears a face covering, but in smaller shops many do not, and are not challenged.  When I've asked shop workers about it, the answer is the same "We're told we still have to serve them" and "I'm not at risk as I'm behind this big plastic screen - it's customers that are at risk".  Perhaps with a warning to the businesses in question they may change their stance.  If businesses cannot be trusted to obey the rules, they should be closed down - just as pubs have been.

7 hours ago, Tomm06 said:

Good example. Our form tutors from school certainly had us all figured out for the rest of our lives. 

Boris's certainly did.

12 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Look North also again interviewed Chris Gaskin of Energy Mill Gym in Shipley.  It showed him in his gym with customers exercising away, despite the fact he's supposed to be closed & there he was again, saying he's providing a valuable service. 

Contrast him with another gym owner who was interviewed & was closed, abiding by the COVID-19 regulations. 

I can't understand why Mr Gaskin has been interviewed twice in 3 days yet the authorities haven't taken any action against him? 

42 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Look North also again interviewed Chris Gaskin of Energy Mill Gym in Shipley.  It showed him in his gym with customers exercising away, despite the fact he's supposed to be closed & there he was again, saying he's providing a valuable service. 

Contrast him with another gym owner who was interviewed & was closed, abiding by the COVID-19 regulations. 

I can't understand why Mr Gaskin has been interviewed twice in 3 days yet the authorities haven't taken any action against him? 

If he's been in Australia he'd have been fined £10k twice. I'd jail him, fine each moron who walks out a couple of grand. We're either serious about this or we're not.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

If he's been in Australia he'd have been fined £10k twice. I'd jail him, fine each moron who walks out a couple of grand. We're either serious about this or we're not.

With you (and Baron99) on this.  I'll add that I'm fed up of seeing businesses proudly displaying "You must wear a mask" type messages on their doors, then ignoring it when customers without one come in.