Coronavirus - Part Two.

4 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I read a couple of articles (I can’t remember where, sorry) that stated the rise in numbers is in predominantly poorer areas, where more than one family or multiple generations are living in the same house, in very close proximity to other similar households.

That’s fair enough. But I’ve never heard anything from the government specifically blaming the Muslim community for the spike in coronavirus infections.

6 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

That’s fair enough. But I’ve never heard anything from the government specifically blaming the Muslim community for the spike in coronavirus infections.

Here's a Tory MP specifically blaming Muslims.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/01/tory-mp-slammed-blaming-muslims-bame-people-coronavirus-surge-13068463/

Ooh Muslim's Muslim's Muslim's

Funny that, don't they have Muslim's down south or is it just northern Muslim's?

As far as I'm aware the likes of London and luton also have large Muslim areas?

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Funny that, don't they have Muslim's down south or is it just northern Muslim's?

Luton is nearly as bad as Leicester  with the 'rona and is one a watch list.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

This is a terrible disease that effects BEM communities more than others percentage wise. So now is not the time to walk on eggshells if there is evidence of spikes in these communities then it’s got to be brought up for their Sake. This is a sensible approach and not a blame game.

8 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

When the government imposed restrictions in 24 hours people complain when they say it’s days people complain.

Ppeople probably complain because there is no consistency in what the Government do, as I said why wait 9 days before imposing wearing of masks in Churches and cinemas. What is the point in bringing a quarantine order in as they did, (which I agree with) but then say oh wear masks in church but you are ok for another 9 days, it is stupid.

Edited by iansheff

8 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

I’ve not heard anything where the government has blamed Muslims. But recent spikes do seem to be in areas where large Asian community’s live.

Tory MP, Craig Whittaker, condemned for blaming BAME and Muslim people for rise in coronavirus cases.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-condemned-for-blaming-bame-and-muslim-people-for-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-12039949

'Pubs or "other activities" in England may need to close to allow schools to reopen next month, a scientist advising the government has said.'

PM Dom and puppet Bozza hiding behind the science as a threat.

Virus will spike, pubs will stay open... many schools will stay shut.  Just watch.

48 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Tory MP, Craig Whittaker, condemned for blaming BAME and Muslim people for rise in coronavirus cases.

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-condemned-for-blaming-bame-and-muslim-people-for-rise-in-coronavirus-cases-12039949

The flip side of this is the Blackburn & Derwen councillor, (Muslim female), I saw being interviewed on Sky yesterday who was adamant that the lockdown in the N West had been deliberately timed to coincide with Eid?  No evidence of course to support this claim other than her opinion & apparently some claims, made by her, that some of her constituents are also of this opinion. 

Yes, that would be right....hmmm?

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

'Pubs or "other activities" in England may need to close to allow schools to reopen next month, a scientist advising the government has said.'

PM Dom and puppet Bozza hiding behind the science as a threat.

Virus will spike, pubs will stay open... many schools will stay shut.  Just watch.

I'm thinking Boris might play safe and we go into lockdown by September.

Given the number of crowds of people (drinkers and not) having a great time with bugger all social distancing we'll be chugging along at 3k a day by then.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The flip side of this is the Blackburn & Derwen councillor, (Muslim female), I saw being interviewed on Sky yesterday who was adamant that the lockdown in the N West had been deliberately timed to coincide with Eid?  No evidence of course to support this claim other than her opinion & apparently some claims, made by her, that some of her constituents are also of this opinion.

Nothing wrong with bringing in restrictions, before a large event, the Government lost their bottle and did NOT cancel Cheltenham races on March 13th

6 hours ago, El Cid said:

Nothing wrong with bringing in restrictions, before a large event, the Government lost their bottle and did NOT cancel Cheltenham races on March 13th

Well as we know, with hindsight, it was considered a mistake not to cancel the Cheltenham Festival & also the the Liverpool v Athletico Madrid match, allowing thousands of fans to travel in from Spain, which was a hot spot at that time. 

Moving on to the situation at the moment with new restrictions in the Bradford area, which includes the continued closure of of indoor gyms. 

Last night, Look North ran a story of a gym owner in Shipley, who  has remained open as he finds the Govt advice that gyms must be closed 'Confusing'?  What is confusing about a continuous message that gyms are to remain closed? 

Apparently his customers are also 'confused' by the Govt advice & not only that, they are also 'Angry' as well.   The gym owner, Chris Gaskin, (Energy Mill Gym), also said he customers were emailing him telling him they need the gym & imposing a lockdown on gyms are making them 'Anti government.'   

Mr Gaskin believes that by remaining open he is providing a service, (call me cynical - no doubt still raking the money in as well?), & giving his customers a 'Little bit of liberty.' 

I think a little less time pumping iron & a bit more time jenning-up on the COVID-19 regulations.  Now that Mr Gaskin has put himself out there on Look North, I'd also expect the West Yorkshire Police to be paying him a call to help put him in the picture? 

Edited by Baron99