Coronavirus - Part Two.

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not to mention that shops have a financial vested interest, so will likely turn a blind eye (if it means a sale).

not all of them are, they have interviewed a shop owner from leeds on the radio and he is turning people away if they dont wear a mask

Edited by andyofborg

8 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

not all of them are, they have interviewed a shop owner from leeds on the radio and he is turning people away if they dont wear a mask

more fool him then as no shop will get my money if i get turned away.

15 minutes ago, casualbystander said:

more fool him then as no shop will get my money if i get turned away.

They won’t get mine if they allow people in with uncovered noses and mouths.

I guess they will need to decide which person’s money they want.

The bloke,

With respect. It explains itself. The medical records are available-giving the required data that is necessary

for conducting the trial.Epidemiologist and researchers are well aware of "Historical Control" procedures.

Adopting the procedure gets them out of unethical problems, that obtain  in placebo conducted trials.

"A control group that is chosen from a group of patients who were observed at some time in the past or for whom data are available through records. Historical controls are used for comparison with subjects being treated or assessed concurrently"

Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.

Historical Control Groups are not new, off the wall,quack way of proceeding.

historical control

" Epidemiology A control group that is chosen from a group of patients who were observed at some time in the past or for whom data are available through records; HCs are used for comparison with subjects being treated concurrently. See Control."

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

At the start we were told to stay at home and not go near anyone else at all  if possible. 
A bit later down the line and no doubt people would’ve have thought there was no need to stay socially distanced if they were wearing one.

Good points made, I had one fool in the Asda reached over my shoulder to get to an item, when I looked around to see what was goin off, I spotted he had a  mask on, as so did I,  obviously he was  thinking he was no risk to me or himself, so yes I agree with you completly.

We were all told to wear face mask in shops,but today went into Pound store,and i had my mask on,but the people who work in the shop did not have any mask at all on,why? are there not wearing them when we have to,seems very odd

3 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

We were all told to wear face mask in shops,but today went into Pound store,and i had my mask on,but the people who work in the shop did not have any mask at all on,why? are there not wearing them when we have to,seems very odd

Did you ask the staff or management whilst you were there? 

Were they working behind screens or had face shields or other protection?

Edited by ECCOnoob

16 minutes ago, 1295galaxy said:

It is not compulsory for shop workers to wear face coverings.

10 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

It is not compulsory for shop workers to wear face coverings.

Yes the big stores are apparently temperature checking their staff every morning.  If anyone's running a high temperature, they're supposed to go home. 

1 hour ago, petemcewan said:

The bloke,

With respect. It explains itself. The medical records are available-giving the required data that is necessary

for conducting the trial.Epidemiologist and researchers are well aware of "Historical Control" procedures.

Adopting the procedure gets them out of unethical problems, that obtain  in placebo conducted trials.

"A control group that is chosen from a group of patients who were observed at some time in the past or for whom data are available through records. Historical controls are used for comparison with subjects being treated or assessed concurrently"

Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.

Historical Control Groups are not new, off the wall,quack way of proceeding.

historical control

" Epidemiology A control group that is chosen from a group of patients who were observed at some time in the past or for whom data are available through records; HCs are used for comparison with subjects being treated concurrently. See Control."

So why aren’t they doing it that way? What’s your theory as to why they favour the placebo?  Do you know something that the experts in the field don’t?  

Sorry if that sounds antagonistic.  It’s a genuine question.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Did you ask the staff or management whilst you were there? 

Were they working behind screens or had face shields or other protection?

Shop staff don’t have to wear face coverings.

Which is a bit odd, to say the least.