Coronavirus - Part Two.

Not thinking things through is this government's modus operandi, in the image of  their PM - Prime Mismanager.

On 22/07/2020 at 21:44, Baron99 said:

Watching Look North earlier & couldn't believe it when they interviewed a woman with her 2 children, stood outside Elland Rd.  She claimed to be a health worker & said she wasn't worried about the crowds which would be bound to gather there as "She had been tested'(?).  Eh? 

Just watching the Liverpool v Chelsea game on tv.  They've just showed fireworks going off outside, one side of Anfield, so there's definitely a few fans gathered outside there too. 

Even though there have been multiple gatherings in Liverpool for the football, the problem areas in Lancashire seem to be Pendle and Blackburn.

Blackburn with Darwen now 'area of intervention' - council imposes new measures

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18603559.blackburn-darwen-now-area-intervention---council-imposes-new-measures/

New coronavirus figures as three areas of Lancashire continue to show spikes

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/new-coronavirus-figures-three-areas-18651821

so the day has arrived where apparently its mandatory! to wear a mask in a retail environment, is this really an actual law on the statute books??

been out this morning no mask on in the local shop! no mask in Tescos petrol station not a second glance from staff, took some hire tools back no mask a bit of ribbing but nothing more, as far as i can see not many are adhering to the new "LAW". i seems to be a bit of a control thing and the Government are trying to make it seem worse as they monumentally overstepped the mark with the nightingale hospitals and the social distancing. if it was so imperative to wear one it would have been immediate and i would have no problem with it.

as it is now its merely a comfort blanket.

I went to Morrisons this morning and found every single customer wearing a mask or some form of face covering.

90% of staff also wearing a mask..

I believe there are 3 types and categories of people out there:

1 - Those who wear masks are people who care and have respect for others safety and well being..

2 - Those who refuse to wear a mask who couldn't care less about others and have total disrespect and disregard for others..

3 - Those who are exempt or have health reasons for not wearing a mask...

I fall into category 1...

21 minutes ago, alandrea0 said:

I went to Morrisons this morning and found every single customer wearing a mask or some form of face covering.

90% of staff also wearing a mask..

I believe there are 3 types and categories of people out there:

1 - Those who wear masks are people who care and have respect for others safety and well being..

2 - Those who refuse to wear a mask who couldn't care less about others and have total disrespect and disregard for others..

3 - Those who are exempt or have health reasons for not wearing a mask...

I fall into category 1...

Also plenty of people who care and have respect for others safety and well being who refuse to wear a mask; people who realise the importance of civil liberty and are aware of negative consequences to compulsory mask enforcement. 

I wear a mask, would do anyway, even if not required. Very happy to see 90+% of people also wearing masks today. I’m sure it will make a big difference to the spread of covid.

56 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Also plenty of people who care and have respect for others safety and well being who refuse to wear a mask; people who realise the importance of civil liberty and are aware of negative consequences to compulsory mask enforcement. 

They care about others? Their actions would suggest otherwise.

Edited by Waldo

Can't believe compulsary mask wearing wasn't introduced from the start, could well have saved some lives,  :huh:

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

Can't believe compulsary mask wearing wasn't introduced from the start, could well have saved some lives,  :huh:

thats what should have happend  and maybe it would have had some credibility, now three weeks later none!

It was not introduced from the start as it was not deemed necessary by the WHO guidance and even now it is very debatable if it would or will make any difference to the infection rates or if wearing them will actually save lives. Wearing one is more of a comfy blanket than positive action on control but jobs and economics need to get back to some form of normality or it all collapses. Wearing a covering or a mask just helps people feel safer whether they are though is another matter.

Confusion is still all part of it.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/who-updates-guidance-on-masks-heres-what-to-know-now/

Edited by apelike

At the start we were told to stay at home and not go near anyone else at all  if possible. 
A bit later down the line and no doubt people would’ve have thought there was no need to stay socially distanced if they were wearing one.

It's not enforceable, police won't and can't patrol everyshop for none maskwearers. Only if called cos of abuse or violence.

Shopworkers wont  intervene as it's seen as law enforcement and could cause abuse and/or violence.

then there's the confusion over what public venues you should and shouldn't wear them in

32 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Shopworkers wont  intervene as it's seen as law enforcement and could cause abuse and/or violence.

Not to mention that shops have a financial vested interest, so will likely turn a blind eye (if it means a sale).