Coronavirus - Part Two.

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Here you go to all the naysayers regarding wearing a face mask / covering. 

As the doctor says, "Stop making stuff up.... This is a lie made up as an excuse by those who believe the pandemic is a hoax and that wearing a mask somehow encroaches on their rights." 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/nhs-doctor-masks-oxygen-video-joshua-wolrich-a4499876.html

I think it pretty obvious that facemasks do not reduce oxygen levels but am interested in who the naysayers are who have been saying they do as I have not read that anywhere. 

7 hours ago, Easy livin said:

bbc radio 2 today

jeremy vine

12:10

Ian duncan smith

very very interesting

his statement on there

only 4% of those who died with covid 19 did not have underliening health problems.

so.  if there where 50,000  claimed deaths
it only killed 2000 healthy people  

lets put that another way
the uk,  bankrupt.    for a 1 in 33,000 chance. 

That assumes people with "underlying"  health problems are at death's door. Which they usually aren't. Although IDS would like you to think that.

A University of Glasgow study estimates people dying from covid-19 death would have lived for another 10 years on average.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/study-finds-that-people-who-have-coronavirus-could-die-10-years-early-2020-5 

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

That assumes people with "underlying"  health problems are at death's door. Which they usually aren't. Although IDS would like you to think that.

A University of Glasgow study estimates people dying from covid-19 death would have lived for another 10 years on average.

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/study-finds-that-people-who-have-coronavirus-could-die-10-years-early-2020-5 

Be interesting to see in 10 years time then if we have a slump in death rates.

Are there any other "key workers" that have worked all the way through this Corona virus,  a bit browned off at all this*come on, lets roll our sleeves up and get back to work* sentiment, or is it just me? 

14 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Be interesting to see in 10 years time then if we have a slump in death rates.

Why would you expect a slump in 10 years time?

The report said 10 years "on average".

1 hour ago, apelike said:

I think it pretty obvious that facemasks do not reduce oxygen levels but am interested in who the naysayers are who have been saying they do as I have not read that anywhere. 

You've obviously not been keeping up with the news then, as that's one of the reasons some americans have given for refusing to wear masks, including on banners at demonstrations

I haven't got a problem wearing masks but I do a physical job and I find myself pulling it down a little for a period so my nose isn't covered with it, because it gets very warm and close with it on.

4 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

I haven't got a problem wearing masks but I do a physical job and I find myself pulling it down a little for a period so my nose isn't covered with it, because it gets very warm and close with it on.

Nowt wrong with that if you're keeping your distance from workmates / the public.

31 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Why would you expect a slump in 10 years time?

The report said 10 years "on average".

If you want to play on semantics then, it will be interesting to see if we have a slump in death rates over the next few decades, with the peak in ten years time.

Better?

31 minutes ago, melthebell said:

You've obviously not been keeping up with the news then, as that's one of the reasons some americans have given for refusing to wear masks, including on banners at demonstrations

Like this clown

Edited by Joe-b-1

2 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

If you want to play on semantics then, it will be interesting to see if we have a slump in death rates over the next few decades, with the peak in ten years time.

Better?

No.  Doesn't make any real sense and avoids the pertinent question about what's happening now.

The reality is that we've had an unprecedented number of deaths over the last 3-4 months compared to the same months in previous years.

And worse than similar European countries.

https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-comment/charts-and-infographics/understanding-excess-mortality-the-fairest-way-to-make-international-comparisons?gclid=CjwKCAjwmMX4BRAAEiwA-zM4JgIxFMH62LeG3KRE7roJquxsYS7fYjFU8Wj9YugmAZcgvqNNAwhqYRoCx_AQAvD_BwE