Coronavirus - Part Two.

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I'm talking about rape.  Your suggestion it will increase because of mask wearing is absurd.

In your opinion- mine differs. Also, I'm talking about rapes, muggings and other crimes facilitated by masks.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What percentage of muggings and rapes pre-covid involed masks or face coverings?

You tell me. Make sure you link to valid evidence.

Edited by onewheeldave

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Not an official govt pronouncement; but thanks anyway, hopefully that will follow. Noticable that it is predicting that the exemptions for compulsory masking in shops are looking to be tighter than they were for public transport.

3 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

Not an official govt pronouncement; but thanks anyway, hopefully that will follow. Noticable that it is predicting that the exemptions for compulsory masking in shops are looking to be tighter than they were for public transport.

Is this official enough?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

3 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Wearing them in offices has already been rejected.

Which is absurd as an office environment is even more enclosed than a supermarket and the rules should apply equally to all situations where practical.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Your worry that wearing coverings will increase instances of rape is frankly absurd.

Not really as it does have some merit and as I have previously pointed out facial recognition will not work when people wear face coverings. People in the past were asked to remove face coverings when going into banks for example but look on the upside, police surveillance using facial recognition will now be a waste of time.

Just now, apelike said:

Not really as it does have some merit and as I have previously pointed out facial recognition will not work when people wear face coverings. People in the past were asked to remove face coverings when going into banks for example but look on the upside, police surveillance using facial recognition will now be a waste of time.

For rape, it doesn't.  I'm not repeating myself why.

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Don't know- I can't see a date on it. it could be regs for masks on public transport, they won't necessarily apply to the incoming rules for shops.

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

Which is absurd as an office environment is even more enclosed than a supermarket and the rules should apply equally to all situations where practical.

I don't disagree.  But nor do I think wearing face coverings is the beginning of totalitarianism.  Do you?

1 minute ago, onewheeldave said:

Don't know- I can't see a date on it. it could be regs for masks on public transport, they won't necessarily apply to the incoming rules for shops.

Can't see a date? Look closer in white text on the blue background.

14th July 2020

I thought you had your eyes open?

Published 14th July.

In England, you must by law wear a face covering in the following settings:

• Public Transport
  • Shops and Supermarkets as of 24 July 2020

Measures can be taken if people do not comply with this law. Transport operators can deny service or direct someone to wear a face covering. If necessary, the police and Transport for London authorised officers can issue fines of £100 (halving to £50 if paid within 14 days). Shops and supermarkets will be expected to encourage compliance with the law (as they would do more generally) and can refuse entry. In both cases, if necessary, the police have the powers to enforce these measures, including through issuing a fine of £100 (halving to £50 if paid within 14 days).

You are also strongly encouraged to wear a face covering in other enclosed public spaces where social distancing may be difficult and where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

For rape, it doesn't.  I'm not repeating myself why.

I'll do it for you, your reasoning was-

52 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

The kind of rapes I assume you must be talking about, where the victim is dragged off into the woods and assaulted, are very rare.  Perpetrators don't merely decide to commit them because they think they will get away with it.  If that were the case, the advent of DNA evidence would have practically wiped it out. Has it?  It's completely woolly thinking - it sounds like it might be true but does not pass real scrutiny.

I'll do it for you, your reasoning was-

To which you offered no real reply.

I doubt it will be worth reading though.  Your claims to have your eyes open have been proven false, twice.

Edited by Arnold_Lane