Coronavirus - Part Two.

Wearing of mask is common sense , should have been compuslary from the start,  a lot of lives would have been saved,  I said this months ago, it is a case of protecting each other, alot will argue with the decision , I dont argue when safety in mind is on the agenda.:roll:

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53397617

Watching the 1pm BBC news, member of the Police Federation says it will be difficult to enforce the rule & fine people £100 so they are asking retailers just to put up signs telling customers that if they don't have a face covering, they won't be served. 

Saw it and fully agree. 

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

Well I did my shop this morning not that many people wearing masks though, took me a little longer than usual as I had to keep stopping and taking my glasses off,  they kept steaming because I was wearing a mask.

I wear glasses and to solve the steam problem I make sure my glasses rest on my mask not slightly under it. My husband wears glasses and hearing aids. He cannot use the mask as it pulls his hearing aids off. He solved that problem by wearing a buff (neck band).

34 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53397617

Watching the 1pm BBC news, member of the Police Federation says it will be difficult to enforce the rule & fine people £100 so they are asking retailers just to put up signs telling customers that if they don't have a face covering, they won't be served. 

The police need telling that they are expected to do their job properly.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

And for all that, and people's assiduous wearing of masks, social distancing and serial testing...we're looking at cases increading again, due to 30-somethings mass-partying without masks or social distancing. 1 wedding the other week yielded in excess of 30 new cases.

I would have said the younger, the less they are aware or think the dangers relate to them.

We started with sneezing into our elbows, in hindsight that is when we should have started with the two metre rule.

I think we need to get back to work, I would say that we should have more restrictions around alcohol. I generally dont believe in banning things, but some countries have banned alcohol.

Maybe ban its consumption in large outdoor parties, but its a matter of what can be enforced.

31 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Wearing of mask is common sense , should have been compuslary from the start,  a lot of lives would have been saved,  I said this months ago, it is a case of protecting each other, alot will argue with the decision , I dont argue when safety in mind is on the agenda.:roll:

Saw it and fully agree. 

If our leaders had set by example, many more would have followed.

6 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Many have died being denied cancer treatment in this country and the list will get bigger until the virus is under control.

I don't think that is true unless you can provide some stats to back it up. What has happened is that some cancer treatments were put on hold which is a bit different to being denied treatment. The same has also applied to non life threatening medical procedures as well.

28 minutes ago, Fiat500 said:

I wear glasses and to solve the steam problem I make sure my glasses rest on my mask not slightly under it. My husband wears glasses and hearing aids. He cannot use the mask as it pulls his hearing aids off. He solved that problem by wearing a buff (neck band).

Glasses steaming up?  Tiny bit of washing up liquid on the lens stops the condensation building up.  Everyday's a school day. 

35 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Wearing of mask is common sense , should have been compuslary from the start,  a lot of lives would have been saved,  I said this months ago, it is a case of protecting each other, alot will argue with the decision ,

Common sense has nothing to do with it. Even the countries which made masks compulsory long before the UK did are now suffering from further imposed lockdowns because of an increase in cases. That shows that masks are not a proven defense against the virus just as the science behind it also shows.

Nobody said that masks are a proven defence but they are a help if used properly.

Common sense has everything  to do with it.

These further increases are not because people are wearing masks but because they are not.

Either that, or they are not following social distancing or or proper hygiene measures.

In other words they have stopped using common sense because they think the virus is beaten, they are bored, or, they are just stupid.

24 minutes ago, apelike said:

Common sense has nothing to do with it. Even the countries which made masks compulsory long before the UK did are now suffering from further imposed lockdowns because of an increase in cases. That shows that masks are not a proven defense against the virus just as the science behind it also shows.

It'll be commonsense when your refused entry into a shop,  :hihi::thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Nobody said that masks are a proven defence but they are a help if used properly.

Common sense has everything  to do with it.

These further increases are not because people are wearing masks but because they are not.

Either that, or they are not following social distancing or or proper hygiene measures.

In other words they have stopped using common sense because they think the virus is beaten, they are bored, or, they are just stupid.

Me bold... So which one is it? as it has also increased is in countries where the wearing of a mask has been compulsory for a while.

Just now, PRESLEY said:

It'll be commonsense when your refused entry into a shop,  :hihi::thumbsup:

I won't be refused as I already wear one when shopping! :hihi:

23 minutes ago, apelike said:

Me bold... So which one is it? as it has also increased is in countries where the wearing of a mask has been compulsory for a while.

I won't be refused as I already wear one when shopping! :hihi:

Now thats commonsense, :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Now thats commonsense, :thumbsup:

Nowt to do with common sense at all but to give people that false feeling of being more secure because I am wearing one as I know they do very little to help stop the spread. I mentioned a while ago on the previous thread that they will become the necessary much needed fashion accessory and that's basically all they are.

Edited by apelike