Coronavirus - Part Two.

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Lol - Johnson's strategy has been pretty much like Macron's but a week later and without apologising for mistakes.

Yeah true.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Literally quoting the WHO who says there isn’t sufficient evidence and then saying it’s evidence.

It is evidence. You just can't bring yourself to accept it.

A direct quote from the document that you linked to:

"WHO advises that governments should encourage the use of non-medical fabric masks, which can act as a barrier to prevent the spread of the virus from the wearer to others where there are many cases of COVID-19, for people in the general public where physical distancing of at least 1 metre is not possible – such as, on public transport, in shops or in other confined or crowded environments."

I'll be wearing my mask, to protect your health, when I'm out and about in our Covid hotspot.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether you could possibly cover your nose and mouth to help to protect my health.

Well if you wear one, makapaka wears one and I wear one when I go out that will 3 people in the greater South Yorkshire area wearing a mask because outside of pubkic transport, no other bugger is. 

Good luck with social distancing as well. Shops have given up, tape removed, extra staff gone. People don't give a toss, Gove - as per - pushes the message of common sense when it's clear as glass the great British public doesn't have any.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well if you wear one, makapaka wears one and I wear one when I go out that will 3 people in the greater South Yorkshire area wearing a mask because outside of pubkic transport, no other bugger is. 

Good luck with social distancing as well. Shops have given up, tape removed, extra staff gone. People don't give a toss, Gove - as per - pushes the message of common sense when it's clear as glass the great British public doesn't have any.

I fear that you are correct.

If that is the case, it’s going to be a tough winter. 

15 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

If we are going to have a free for all, open up the rest of the economy and let me earn a crust before we go back into lockdown.

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

You are living in the wrong area. There isn't much mask wearing but there is some, but the establishments i've been visiting are still implementing the social distancing measure. 

8 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Although, apparently, Austrailia (in their winter now) are seeing much lower than usual cases of 'flu...

Just now, Becky B said:

Although, apparently, Austrailia (in their winter now) are seeing much lower than usual cases of 'flu...

I’ve been wondering what all

of this social distancing and hand cleaning would do to infection rates of other illnesses.

Of course, it might not be a good thing to lower the incidence of less harmful illnesses.

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, Pettytom said:

It is evidence. You just can't bring yourself to accept it.

A direct quote from the document that you linked to:

"WHO advises that governments should encourage the use of non-medical fabric masks, which can act as a barrier to prevent the spread of the virus from the wearer to others where there are many cases of COVID-19, for people in the general public where physical distancing of at least 1 metre is not possible – such as, on public transport, in shops or in other confined or crowded environments."

I'll be wearing my mask, to protect your health, when I'm out and about in our Covid hotspot.

I'll leave it to you to decide whether you could possibly cover your nose and mouth to help to protect my health.

“Non-medical, fabric masks are being used by many people in public areas, but there has been limited evidence on their effectiveness and WHO does not recommend their widespread use among the public for control of COVID-19. However, for areas of widespread transmission, with limited capacity for implementing control measures and especially in settings where physical distancing of at least 1 metre is not possible – such as on public transport, in shops or in other confined or crowded environments – WHO advises governments to encourage the general public to use non-medical fabric masks.”

the above is the actual wording which adds a number of qualifications.

I’ll continue to follow the current government guidelines which appear to me to be in line with the WHO’s current advice. 

if you want to do more than that to feel safe then you’re free to do so - don’t start calling people fools and accuse them of curtailing your freedom if they  just follow the guidance given though. 

3 hours ago, andyofborg said:

You are living in the wrong area. There isn't much mask wearing but there is some, but the establishments i've been visiting are still implementing the social distancing measure. 

Even shops? No restrictions on the numbers I’ve been in (which isn’t many to be fair) so there are many inevitable pinch points.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Even shops? No restrictions on the numbers I’ve been in (which isn’t many to be fair) so there are many inevitable pinch points.

I can’t talk for every shop - but everyone I have been in since the easing of lockdown has implemented control measures of some sort.

i can’t say I’ve ever had an issue in a shop where I’ve felt I couldn’t distance if I wanted to.

5 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I can’t talk for every shop - but everyone I have been in since the easing of lockdown has implemented control measures of some sort.

i can’t say I’ve ever had an issue in a shop where I’ve felt I couldn’t distance if I wanted to.

My shopping has been extremely limited, it was never a pleasure.  Up to about the last few weeks it was good, some better than others as you’d expect (wickes was very good) but the couple I went into Friday at drake house could have been any other Saturday prior to lockdown.