Coronavirus - Part Two.

No. The guidance is clear. 

Face coverings help. They are useful where incidence of disease is high, as it is here currently. They are also useful where social distancing is difficult, like almost every aspect of “normal” life.

They are clearly going to be mandatory soon. That’s the only way we get back to normal.

All based on evidence, from our testing and from WHO guidance.

I wonder what Boris's reply to the news that Sturgeon says Scotland could introduce  border restrictions for English visitors will be.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nicola-sturgeon-suggests-scotland-could-introduce-border-restrictions-for-english-visitors/ar-BB16DDik?ocid=msedgntp

Edited by iansheff

31 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I wonder what Boris's reply to the news that Sturgeon says Scotland could introduce  border restrictions for English visitors will be.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/nicola-sturgeon-suggests-scotland-could-introduce-border-restrictions-for-english-visitors/ar-BB16DDik?ocid=msedgntp

The most effective way of dealing with an attention-seeking child is just to ignore them.

Edited by ECCOnoob

36 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

The most effective way of dealing with an attention-seeking child is just to ignore them.

Are you really characterising Nicola Sturgeon as an attention seeking child? She looks like a strong and effective leader to me.

I can report people aren’t wearing masks or socially distancing at car boot sales. I’ve seen rugby scrums with greater social distancing.

What upsets me is that the 'rules' seem to be quite arbitrary, impossible to police, and often almost impossible to follow, yet people's livelihoods are being sacrificed to them for no good reason.

Nor are we 'following the science.' If that were true we would not have cancelled the WHO much recommended testing, testing, testing, and track and trace protocols. 

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I can report people aren’t wearing masks or socially distancing at car boot sales. I’ve seen rugby scrums with greater social distancing.

That surprises me not at all.

We once sold a car load at Canal Wharf and customers descended like a flock of seagulls as we tried to unload.Never Again

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Are you really characterising Nicola Sturgeon as an attention seeking child? She looks like a strong and effective leader to me.

Yes that is exactly what I am doing.  I can't think of any more fitting description for someone who comes out with ludicrous  statements with no bearing in reality just to keep her profile up with the rabid independence crowd.   I also have objection to her constant finger pointing and very selective use of data to deflect attention from her own party's is complete failures in Scotland.

I don't know what image she has in her head but the reality is clear.   She might be manager of the northern branch but the company director is well and truly in charge from the London head office.  

12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yes that is exactly what I am doing.  I can't think of any more fitting description for someone who comes out with ludicrous  statements with no bearing in reality just to keep her profile up with the rabid independence crowd.   I also have objection to her constant finger pointing and very selective use of data to deflect attention from her own party's is complete failures in Scotland.

I don't know what image she has in her head but the reality is clear.   She might be manager of the northern branch but the company director is well and truly in charge from the London head office.  

Pot calling Kettle. Have you watched Boris and cohorts lately?

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

The strategy seems to be let England make a decision - slam it as reckless - then do the same a week later.

Guest makapaka
6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

No. The guidance is clear. 

Face coverings help. They are useful where incidence of disease is high, as it is here currently. They are also useful where social distancing is difficult, like almost every aspect of “normal” life.

They are clearly going to be mandatory soon. That’s the only way we get back to normal.

All based on evidence, from our testing and from WHO guidance.

Literally quoting the WHO who says there isn’t sufficient evidence and then saying it’s evidence.

Edited by makapaka

14 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The strategy seems to be let England make a decision - slam it as reckless - then do the same a week later.

Lol - Johnson's strategy has been pretty much like Macron's but a week later and without apologising for mistakes.