Coronavirus - Part Two.

18 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I can’t be bothered explaining - If you want to live your life based on the huffington post and the guardian you crack on.

I can’t be bothered to argue with people like you. If you want to ignore the scientific advice, then crack on. Just don’t be surprised when it costs you a few grand in fines.

How about just taking a breath and thinking about ways that YOU can contribute to ending this emergency. 

Distancing, wearing a face covering, staying in a bit more, all drive the problem down.  Maybe not massively, but it all helps.

Whilst fools like you continue to be contrarian, the rest of us have our liberty curtailed.  I’m fed up of people like you affecting my life.

Seriously, have a good long think. And a look in the mirror.

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Well just try it for once then.

What’s the point - read it in the papers  - tells you what it’s all about - yeah. 

Just now, makapaka said:

What’s the point - read it in the papers  - tells you what it’s all about - yeah. 

But, as you are clearly blessed with a vision that the rest of us lack, surely you could take a few minutes to share your insight.

Guest makapaka
6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I can’t be bothered to argue with people like you. If you want to ignore the scientific advice, then crack on. Just don’t be surprised when it costs you a few grand in fines.

How about just taking a breath and thinking about ways that YOU can contribute to ending this emergency. 

Distancing, wearing a face covering, staying in a bit more, all drive the problem down.  Maybe not massively, but it all helps.

Whilst fools like you continue to be contrarian, the rest of us have our liberty curtailed.  I’m fed up of people like you affecting my life.

Seriously, have a good long think. And a look in the mirror.

What rubbish.  what scientific advice am i ignoring?

I practice social distancing constantly. 

i haven’t been told I have to stay in my house any more so I go out when i want to go out.

i went to the hallamshire to get my father in laws blood thinners last week and wore a mask whilst I was in the hospital because they are the rules.

so now there’s some speculation as to whether mandatory face masks are required and I don’t agree you call me a fool?

grow up.

Edited by makapaka

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

What rubbish.  what scientific advice am i ignoring?

I practice social distancing constantly. 

i haven’t been told I have to stay in my house any more so I go out when i want to go out.

i went to the hallamshire to get my father in laws blood thinners last week and wore a mask whilst I was in the hospital because they are the rules.

so now there’s some speculation as to whether mandatory face masks are required and I don’t agree you call me a fool?

grow up.

I don’t seem to be the only one questioning your judgement.

What is wrong with wearing a face covering in public places? Why are you so opposed to it.

Research suggests that it cuts down transmission by up to 30%. What’s not to like about that?

Indeed, if it cut transmission by 1%, what would be the problem? 

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I don’t seem to be the only one questioning your judgement.

What is wrong with wearing a face covering in public places? Why are you so opposed to it.

Research suggests that it cuts down transmission by up to 30%. What’s not to like about that?

Indeed, if it cut transmission by 1%, what would be the problem? 

Oh - so because some others disagree that makes me wrong? weird logic.

Contrary to some views I think forcing people to wear masks isn’t necessary in most scenarios. And is also a pretty grim prospect for us all as well. 

theres plenty of information you can read if you want to see the opposing argument for it.

You only have to google it. 

It’s interesting that the mere suggestion of disagreeing with an approach immediately led you to call me a fool, that I was curtailing your liberty, affecting your life and needing to look in the mirror.

that attitude is far more worrying,  and dangerous, than coronavirus.

Edited by makapaka

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

I can’t be bothered explaining - If you want to live your life based on the huffington post and the guardian you crack on.

I'll see your Huffington Post & Guardian & raise you the with my BBC. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-51768274#referrer=https://www.google.com

The figures presented for deaths on the 11th are more than double what they were this time last week. 

148 deaths reported yesterday compared with 67 same time last week. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Edited by Baron99

16 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Oh - so because some others disagree that makes me wrong? weird logic.

Contrary to some views I think forcing people to wear masks isn’t necessary in most scenarios. And is also a pretty grim prospect for us all as well. 

theres plenty of information you can read if you want to see the opposing argument for it.

You only have to google it. 

It’s interesting that the mere suggestion of disagreeing with an approach immediately led you to call me a fool, that I was curtailing your liberty, affecting your life and needing to look in the mirror.

that attitude is far more worrying,  and dangerous, than coronavirus.

I see that you’ve ignored my questions.

It might work for the pm, but it doesn’t wash with me.

What is so wrong with wearing a face covering? What are you afraid of?

And, yes. If many people disagree with you, it quite likely makes you wrong 

Edited by Pettytom

Guest makapaka
3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I see that you’ve ignored my questions.

It might work for the pm, but it doesn’t wash with me.

What is so wrong with wearing a face covering? What are you afraid of?

And, yes. If many people disagree with you, it quite likely makes you wrong 

Funny - cos a lot of people disagree with you - but we can’t both be wrong can we?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Funny - cos a lot of people disagree with you - but we can’t both be wrong can we?

That all depends upon who agrees with you.

I have the WHO on my side.

You seem to have Brenda from Twitter on yours.

As Sheffield is now listed as being in the highest risk group of local authorities we should, as responsible people of this city, take all steps to reduce the risk of being shut down again and the resulting effect on our city. If Trump can change his mind and wear a mask we all can.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

I think there might well be an increase in both cases and deaths when shielding of people extremely vulnerable to the virus and the associated support ends on 1st August coinciding with many of the population returning to the old normal.