Dye For Beards-Is It The Same As Normal Hair Dye?

The reason I ask is because some dyes may dye the skin. Not so much of an issue on the head.

I started to grow a beard about two weeks ago. Unlike many years ago, there is a lot  of gray on the chin area now. Unusual as my head hair appears to have no gray at all.

Have you any experience of dyeing your beard. What type of dye  did you use and what were the results like?

Edited by Janus

Do people dye their beards, mine is quite grey. I wouldnt think about using dye.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Do people dye their beards, mine is quite grey. I wouldnt think about using dye.

I don't mind the grey tinge in mine either, but I would like it to be a bit thicker.

Edited by covfeffe

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

I suppose it depends on how old the individual is.  Maybe the older a person the less it bothers  them?

2 hours ago, Janus said:

I suppose it depends on how old the individual is.  Maybe the older a person the less it bothers  them?

We all think about how others see us, if we look old, attractive etc

Is that something that is changing over time, make our boobs look bigger/smalle and more/less hair

Forget about the dye, just shave it off. The current trend for beards might may young men look trendy but makes middle aged/older men look like they’ve given up/can’t be arsed

16 hours ago, El Cid said:

That Rylan guy dyes his hair and beard black from his normal ginger.

On 10/07/2020 at 16:07, El Cid said:

10 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

That Rylan guy dyes his hair and beard black from his normal ginger.

Well that says it all doesn't it !       🤣

On 11/07/2020 at 01:05, catmiss said:

The current trend for beards might make young men look trendy but makes middle aged/older men look like they’ve given up/can’t be arsed

I think  if something looks untidy-be it beard, hair or clothes it is not a good look. 

For me it is about a little bit of personal pride. If you're going to have a beard, then  be well groomed. Same with hair cut. I'm not fashionable, but soap & water costs little. Clothes at Primart are cheap enough-no excuse for going out in dirty clothes.

As for older men with beards looking like they have given up-they probably have.  A  person of any age can look clean & tidy with a bit if effort.

On 12/07/2020 at 18:32, Janus said:

I think  if something looks untidy-be it beard, hair or clothes it is not a good look. 

For me it is about a little bit of personal pride. If you're going to have a beard, then  be well groomed. Same with hair cut. I'm not fashionable, but soap & water costs little. Clothes at Primart are cheap enough-no excuse for going out in dirty clothes.

As for older men with beards looking like they have given up-they probably have.  A  person of any age can look clean & tidy with a bit if effort.

Wear that Grey with pride Janus.

My diggers went Grey but turned white many years ago as has a good proportion of my hair although it never quite got the 'Mallen Curse' look it all add's to character in fact I think I've now mastered that rugged look so well I might have to buy a fisherman's jumper - LOL 

(E' Happy days - White Fisherman's jumpers, and White Fisherman's Sox turned over the tops of yer Motorcycle boots) 

(not wanting to be accused of racism - other colours of Fishermen are available)

our youngest dyes his beard with different dye to the one he uses for his hair. 

(now that's a sign of old age telling others yer youngest son can grow a beard - lol)

Keep safe & don't dye young. 

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

11 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

(E' Happy days - White Fisherman's jumpers, and White Fisherman's Sox turned over the tops of yer Motorcycle boots) 

If I knew where to get some of them I would. Apart from June, July and and August my feet are always freezing. I use the hairdryer inside my socks & slippers throughout the day.

Them British army socks used to be very good, but the original socks are no longer available.

I got some others on flea bay which were thicker-Russian army or some story. They are not too bad, but without  a decent wool content I'm still having to use the hairdryer.