Adobe-Connection Still Req'd To Install After Download?

This is not a problem, just my curiosity to understand how things work.

Normally, as far as I am aware, after an application has downloaded and saved on the PC, there is no need for an internet connection.

I must be wrong in my thinking, at least in respect of this particular application.

Why do  some applications still need a connection to install?

I suspect, but don't know for certain   as I have never let Adobe near my machine, that your 'download' was just the 'starter', as Adobe Flash  works the same way - you download a small 'installer', run it and that opens the connection to their servers and fetches the full package - weird I know, and off-hand I can't think of any other software download that works that way.

Did your satnav work?

Yes, as it has to check and verify the license - usually only needed after first install/first run - then it should work 'offline' without a problem..

But may need to connect to verify now and then...

Lots of software works this, or a similar way now...

Even Window's it's self, to be fair...

Edited by Ghozer

Its not just Adobe - when at work Braille Translation Software checks the machine that is using the software - it monitors the licence and the machine name. Scarier still, I installed Windows 10 on an off-network notebook for other staff members to use as there was a shortage of desktops - when I logged in with my Microsoft credentials it connected to the works network and then promptly informed me of all the discounted OS and Office software and which machines they were on at home! 😱

Edited by swarfendor437