Sheff Council - Shalesmoor Road Layout

1 hour ago, FORE said:

Next on the agenda will be a bike lane for Loxley Road to the proposed 'township', and one lane for cars operated on a tidal flow.

Oh Christ where's the delete button gone?

Don't give them ideas !

20 hours ago, BoroB said:

Given the posts on this thread, the hundreds of adverse comments on Sheffield Online and the local media coverage,  there would seem to be lots of parties more than remotely interested in whether the reason causing all the disruption is being used.

Secondly I'm sure the council would take a passing interest in footage showing their white elephant being ignored by those it is supposed to be helping.

Surprised the local businesses and residents opposed to this just haven’t simply moved the cones out the way.

This recently happened on Broad Street/Rawmarsh Hill in Rotherham when RMBC blocked off parking bays outside the local shops in Parkgate. Within less than 3hrs local people (business owners/customers and residents) had moved all the temporary cones/barriers out the way onto the pavement, less than a week later RMBC turned up and took all the barriers away, due to the backlash.

The only remaining thing is a red sign attached to the lamppost warning of a new road layout. :hihi:

Edited by Michael_N

First statues and now this.

The country is going to the dogs.

We're doomed I tell you, we're doomed!

Seriously though. Its sad that the authorities are so insensitive to local feeling.

But, where will it end when independant illegal actions are not addressed. - Punishment beatings? I kid you not its already happed. 

14 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Yep. Except in fact its the gazillions of cars stopping emergency vehicles....or indeed causing the accidents.

The emergency services like bike lanes, they provide a clear route through traffic.

When they can get INTO them!!!

Edited by alchemist

I was fuming when I drove through this on Saturday.  It's completely nonsensical! What a collosal waste of money and resources. How anyone would think this is a good idea I don't know.

Traffic was backed all the way along it coming towards the Shalesmoor roundabout and thats on a weekend with a fraction of the normal traffic. There'll be gridlock when traffic gets back up to normal levels.

It reminded me of the time that the council blocked off a lane going into Hillsborough from Penistone Road with a new traffic island. That caused traffic to back up along the main road and caused chaos until they relented and removed the 'improvements'.

I think “drove” may well be an exaggeration.

Sat in this?

You can always play I spy............... something beginning with c .

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I think “drove” may well be an exaggeration.

Sat in this?

You can always play I spy............... something beginning with c .

I bet its not council

1 minute ago, MICK BADGER said:

I bet its not council

You mean they haven't shifted them yet?😕

1 hour ago, MICK BADGER said:

I bet its not council

Or cyclist 

I'm all for encouraging people to cycle  but the idiots  at Sheffield City council who decided to make a two lane road, which is always gridlocked at rush hour, into a single lane and a cycle lane should try driving down it at rush hour. The traffic lights are all out of sync and roundabouts and junctions get blocked with cars. Goodness knows what it's going to be like when everyone gets back to work and there's the normal amount of traffic on the road. After nearly having a collision on this road in the last few days I now drive miles out of my way to and from work to avoid it. There's an accident just waiting to happen at the roundabout near Hoyle Street.  I did wonder how ambulances were going to get through and after reading the news today it's clear, the paramedic (who's on blues and two's) simply gets out and moves the cones and bollards that weigh a ton when they're filled with water.  

Diary Of A Shalesmoor Traveller.....

I notice access to Shepherd Street (side of H Harrold's) has been opened up, whether it was the council or local businesses that did it I don't know.
Again this evening a police car with blues and twos tried to get through on the outward bound carriageway, but struggled as once again the traffic had nowhere to go.
Two journey's along the road today and still no sign of any cyclists.