Sheff Council - Shalesmoor Road Layout

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

Whooaa! I'm not letting you have that one @alchemist  There are far more pedestrians than motorists and they get even less priority than cyclists! 

Come on, have another go. It's okay to agree with a pro-cycling argument you know, your knob won't fall off  if you do :) 

I answered you, the fact that you dont like the answer is not my problem its yours.  Dont like an answer, dont ask the question

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Deadly? Has the person in hospital died since the Tweet a few pages back was posted?

Yes or no?

Hmmm... :huh:

... I've just had a thought!

You know when these barriers were in place stopping motorised traffic from turning left across the cycle paths...

... well, how did cyclists negotiate the layout if they wanted to turn right?

Sensible replies only please! (or maybe ask a suitable 5 year old if you're struggling) :hihi:

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes or no?

What are you banging on about man? Go and look it up in a dictionary. 

1 minute ago, alchemist said:

I answered you, the fact that you dont like the answer is not my problem its yours.  Dont like an answer, dont ask the question

You didn't answer the question. I can only assume that you're distracted by your manhood rolling around in the footwell?

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

What you mean like closing off an entire road junction causing drivers to detour and reducing what was an arterial dual carriageway route from the city centre into a trundling single carriageway.

That in my eyes is clear inconvenience to motorists and giving a favourable position to cyclists.  In other words, preferential treatment.

Without any such stupid installation of the temporary cycle lane both vehicle drivers and cyclists can still freely travel on it, use it and they could both still have equal access the various side roads.

Do you get the point yet?

Aw, come on, junctions are closed, roads are diverted every day and not once did it fall off. You're a grown man who can handle directions around the corner, stop bawling like a baby because you your route changed.

You're all... so.. emotional...  about directions! I blame satnav.

This thread is like the North Norfolk Corn Dolly Convention - strawmen everywhere!

Just now, Tony said:

You want me to go and look up in a dictionary if the cyclist has died?

It was a simple question. Is the cyclist dead?

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You want me to go and look up in a dictionary if the cyclist has died?

It was a simple question. Is the cyclist dead?

As far as I am aware the cyclist is very poorly but alive, thank god.

You'll learn to get the basics right when discussing things with me because you'll soon find out that I don't post carelessly if I can help it. I'll expect the same with you if you give me reason to.

deadly
/ˈdɛdli/

adjective

1. 1. 
    causing or able to cause death.

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

You didn't answer the question. I can only assume that you're distracted by your manhood rolling around in the footwell?

Aw, come on, junctions are closed, roads are diverted every day and not once did it fall off. You're a grown man who can handle directions around the corner, stop bawling like a baby because you your route changed.

You're all... so.. emotional...  about directions! I blame satnav.

This thread is like the North Norfolk Corn Dolly Convention - strawmen everywhere!

Nice change of subject there because you don't have an answer.  Maybe you should use a dictionary yourself to look at the word preferential

Anyway, since it is still not relevant to the original point raised and you have still not provided any categoric evidence that the truck was at fault in this accident -  I'm done with this conversation.

I have better things to be doing today. It is clear what you stand for. I disagree.

Time to draw a line under this.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Why should motorised commuters should be prioritised over bicycle commuters? 

Could it be the volume of cars,vans,HGVs going about their daily work as opposed to the number of cyclists.

I think that may be a factor

Edited by RJRB

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I DID answer the question, it just wasnt the answer you wanted.  Sorry mate. when you resort to attempting to use insults to win an argument youve lost.  Still, if it helps your ego, go ahead i can take it :)

Edited by alchemist

3 hours ago, Tony said:

As far as I am aware the cyclist is very poorly but alive, thank god.

You'll learn to get the basics right when discussing things with me because you'll soon find out that I don't post carelessly if I can help it. I'll expect the same with you if you give me reason to.

deadly
/ˈdɛdli/

adjective

1. 1. 
    causing or able to cause death.

Good to know the cyclist is ok.

As you allude to in post 1131 the left turn was blocked off as part of a temporary scheme.

The scheme was never intended to be permanant, never intended to block ambulances in, never intended to bring that part of the  city frequently to gridlock at a time when the volume of traffic was severely reduced due to covid lockdown.

The scheme was removed because it was ill thought out, poorly communicated to highway users ,  poorly used by cyclists and also because it was temporary. 

First of all the closure of that junction/road was I believe at a different time, i.e. Before said accident.

secondly when the accident occurred, the road AND junction were both open.

third the road was closed so a company could safely work on and allow their workers and vehicles temporary access without public being endangered on what was basically a building site. 

Forth these types of vehicles tend to have signs on the rear warning of blind spots etc, specifically for cyclists and motorcyclists not to come down their left (near side), which as any regular motorist will tell you, is a favourite "pastime" of many cyclists.

has anyone, as yet been proven liable, as I haven't looked through the other back pages.