Sheff Council - Shalesmoor Road Layout

8 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why would you need a car camera? Would the footage have been even remotely interesting?

A massive traffic queue isn't 'interesting', but it does prove a point.

8 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Why would you need a car camera? Would the footage have been even remotely interesting?

The footage would show that despite cycle lanes being put in place some cyclists will still not use them and  use pavements instead.

2 hours ago, BoroB said:

The footage would show that despite cycle lanes being put in place some cyclists will still not use them and  use pavements instead.

Show who?

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Show who?

Given the posts on this thread, the hundreds of adverse comments on Sheffield Online and the local media coverage,  there would seem to be lots of parties more than remotely interested in whether the reason causing all the disruption is being used.

Secondly I'm sure the council would take a passing interest in footage showing their white elephant being ignored by those it is supposed to be helping.

I look forward to the footage of the barriers coming down.

It will be like our own version of breaching the Berlin Wall.

Power to the people.

11 hours ago, BoroB said:

Which we all already know!!

6 hours ago, RJRB said:

I look forward to the footage of the barriers coming down.

It will be like our own version of breaching the Berlin Wall.

Power to the people.

Dont hold your breath, like the iron lady, this council is not for turning

Edited by alchemist
cant spell!!!!

2 hours ago, alchemist said:

Which we all already know!!

Dont hold your breath, like the iron lady, this council is not for turning

Depressing way you are probably right.

Maybe it's going to have to take something extreme like a patient dying in the back of the ambulance or a police car not being able to reach a crime in progress before the morons reconsider.

Perhaps a  legal proceeding might make them change their position.  

5 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Depressing way you are probably right.

Maybe it's going to have to take something extreme like a patient dying in the back of the ambulance or a police car not being able to reach a crime in progress before the morons reconsider.

Perhaps a  legal proceeding might make them change their position.  

Yep. Except in fact its the gazillions of cars stopping emergency vehicles....or indeed causing the accidents.

The emergency services like bike lanes, they provide a clear route through traffic.

3 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Yep. Except in fact its the gazillions of cars stopping emergency vehicles....or indeed causing the accidents.

The emergency services like bike lanes, they provide a clear route through traffic.

Yep. Except the fact is this isn't a bike lane   What we have is a load of barriers blocking off a complete side of the carriageway to motorised vehicles and also having the effect of making the open running lane much narrower.

It might have escaped your attention but ambulances and police cars are motorised vehicles that cannot nip through tiny gaps in bollards to enter said empty lane.

It's a completely stupid and half-assed attempt to produce something that nobody wanted and nobody needed.  I really hope someone's head will roll for this.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

'Gazillions' of cars?

Its pointless spending millions on a road system and then reduce capacity on a whim.

It is on my route to and  from work but I find myself doing a longer magical mystery tour just  to avoid the area, which does nothing good for overall emissions  in  Sheffield does it?

Next on the agenda will be a bike lane for Loxley Road to the proposed 'township', and one lane for cars operated on a tidal flow.

Oh Christ where's the delete button gone?