Anyone From Carbrook?

Hi mate, that must have been close to 25 yr ago since I played at ecclesfield or a couple of wives ago at least lol. Looking at your angle, I knew some twins with the name "Milne" at the bottom of Rotherham st. Were they Richard and Margaret ? Haven't seen most of the Slater kids for over 40 yr now, as they say time has flown, Pete will be 57 in July, I am 59 now ( but wearing well I'm told lol ) and still sing on holiday, may go back to the boards and do a bit, if any clubs left ! Sadly quite a few people we knew have gone, wonder if Malc Sockett made it, he was never a full load as a kid lol, but maybe he matured and saw the light, do we know ? You'll have make yourself known and give me a call mate .. 07891 394118 .. Catch ya laters ... Paul ( Jossmirff )

hi paul milo is not my name that's off tweenies lol my nickname at school was tash my name is Terence ash I was in same class as your pete do you remember my cousin john sears think he was in your class I will ask him about malc socket he knew him and will let u know thanks for replying bye

Used to live on higgitt rd. My parents were jean and lewis gregory. Sharon and ian gregory were my brother and sister they went to carbrook school. When I was a teenager I used to go in the carbrook hall pub. Does anyone know the whereabouts now of mick shelton or johnny kissack who lived near the pub also known then as elaine steel would like to track her down also..

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 23:48 ----------

Just reading through and must say hello to you jean suckley used to live directly across from you on higgitt rd. You lived nxt door to stephen moor and we had the scary privelidge of living nxt door to the scary lady called black night. Me and sharon live in scarborough now but my memories are all in sheffield...sue

Hi everyone ..I lived on Carltonville Rd with my gram and grandad ..our house overlooked the rec ..I used to climb over the fence and hope the parky didn't see me..my cousins lived on Melville rd ..Anne and June Bernard ..

---------- Post added 15-11-2014 at 20:58 ----------

Hello carbrooklad how are you..

Hi vodkavicky50

Are you the Vicky Wilmot that used to knock around with my aunt Sharon Bullement? I'm Sharon's nephew Chris (topher). I used to spend most of my school holidays at Sharons/Nans house on Brougton Lane opposite Mr. Keens big white house, next to the Bird in Hand.

Chris

Weren't those Carbrook Rec parkies intimidating. Anyone remember Dr jack who used to stay at Arnold Hickmans? That dude could cure anything.

I remember Arnie Hickman..I hadn't seen him for 40yrs then I saw him twice in the same week..first at the reunion then in the Wentworth..

I lived on Attercliffe Common from 1961 to 1968/9. Went to Carbrook infant and junior school. Lived next door to Doreens Hairdressers. Remember Julie Smith Eileen Holmes Susan Berry.

Hi Bloggsy

I believe I went school with your brother (Paul Shepherd). Ask if he remembers John Rodgers. Carbrook from about 1958 - 64. If I am right I have a photo he might like.

I was born on Campbell rd Carbrook in 1955 and my brother Eric attended the local school but we moved to Brinsworth in the early 1960s can't remember much but our landlord was a guy called George Stamp and he also was my Grandfathers landlord who lived in Wincobank

Hello, I have just joined this group, and spotted this topic . My uncle (by marriage) lived on Girton Road., with his parents and siblings - muriel, alice, mary, bill and I think philip -he is edgar boswell (boz). His dad was ex army, and did bugling in a group. He is a bit frail now, but at 97 , amazing. He will be thrilled if anyone remembers

Hi I'm from Carbrook , I lived on Bright St in the 60s called Marriott .